GDT: 2018 | Draft Lottery | 1st: 5% / 2nd: 5.3% / 3rd: 5.7% | 5:30PM/8:15PM | CBC/SN

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintmint

May 6, 2017
unbelievable we couldn't get #1.

Can't win hockey games. Can't win drafts. Can't do nuttin.

Chiarelli needs to go.

Reactions: Proko88

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I must say I enjoy that the Canucks have dropped a combined 6 spots over the past 3 years lol. They picked the perfect time to start tanking, just as the NHL "fixed" the draft lottery.

Reactions: SpoolCat

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Thats about to change. Dahlin, Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen talk about a great young core. Even Ryan O'Reilly isnt really that old.
They had a great young core before, too. I'm not convinced they can make it happen yet.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
that's also why Risto is untouchable imo. You go with a pairing of Dahlin-Risto and you almost can't lose, once Dahlin matures a bit

Only thing is that Dahlin typically plays the right side and Risto is right handed. But Dahlin can probably play anywhere.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Risto sucks. Hope Buffalo finds a way to insulate Dahlin a bit; as good as he is no D-man should have to step in to the league at 18 as a savior.

North

Jun 25, 2009
They had a great young core before, too. I'm not convinced they can make it happen yet.

To be honest I'm not sure Eichel is much of a leader. Very good player though.

Risto has some defensive deficiencies that might be ironed out as he gets older, but right now, he's not that good.

Reinhart is a nice second line player but it seems like he's not as good as the Sabres hoped he would be.

Maybe adding Dahlin is the start of turning it around for them but I'll believe it when I see it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Thats about to change. Dahlin, Eichel, Reinhart, Ristolainen talk about a great young core. Even Ryan O'Reilly isnt really that old.

We’ve been hearing it’s about to change for years. Buffalo is going to need to do the same thing we did and Colorado did - ship out some of the loser-stink.

Hopefully for their sakes they identify who needs to go better than we did.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Sens will still get a very, very good player at #4.

Sure they don't get Dahlin but only 1 team was going to get him and odds were against them just like for every other team. The team with the best odds to get him won the lottery... just the way it goes.

They still will likely get the #2 dman in this draft (and there's several good ones)... or a solid forward (and there's several there to choose from at #4 obviously as well.)

I don't think the difference between #2 and #4 is as huge of a gap as most think it is.

Reactions: belair

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
Carolina and Montreal are in need of C. Would Chiarelli consider dealing Leon? I'm saying Leon for no.3 and Pacioretty, then drafting Tkachuk. You could probably extract more from Bergevin to be honest...

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
If the Oilers jumped up to #3 it sure wouldn't be to grab Tkachuk.

I'd take a dman or Kotkaniemi before Tkachuk if they dumped Drai to move up to #3.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Carolina and Montreal are in need of C. Would Chiarelli consider dealing Leon? I'm saying Leon for no.3 and Pacioretty, then drafting Tkachuk. You could probably extract more from Bergevin to be honest...
no thanks. Draft picks are overrated compared to established talent. (and yes, I realize Pacioretty is there, but a 29 year old winger)

Plus, our team's plan is to win with McDavid and Drai down the middle. It's a great plan that is almost certain to succeed if we give it time.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Personally, at #10 I would pick Denisenko. It seems like he is right up there with the top 3 in terms of high end skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->