2018 Draft Class - ELC tracker

LaFan1967

Sep 2, 2007
Why do teams sign players to ELCs who will just end up going back to their junior club/Europe? Wouldn't it be better to keep their rights and not sign them until the last possible time?

Don't those players.
Need to be under contract to attend training camp ?
Get the 9 game tryout ?
European players that can go to the AHL ?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
I am still surprised the Islanders signed Skarek so fast given the double whammy of him being European and a goalie. I wonder if the Islanders have any intention of bringing him over here ASAP(whether to play in the AHL or CHL). The fact the Islanders unloaded McAdam's contract just before this signing is probably a coincidence but who knows

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I am still surprised the Islanders signed Skarek so fast given the double whammy of him being European and a goalie. I wonder if the Islanders have any intention of bringing him over here ASAP(whether to play in the AHL or CHL). The fact the Islanders unloaded McAdam's contract just before this signing is probably a coincidence but who knows

Skarek is already loaned to Liiga and to Lahden Pelicans, this happened quite a while ago.

BTW Skarek signed a 2+1 year contract with the Pelicans (about 3 months ago)

Pelaajat
Pelicans at eliteprospects.com

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
As I mentioned the Europeans were on a deadline if they want to play in NA at all or even have the flexibility to do so. Now let's see how many NA players get added.

Aaand San Jose signed Merkley today

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->