2018 Draft: 5th Pick: Patrik Siikanen (F)

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
6'1", 200 lbs

Scored 3 goals in the most recent U18 juniors which Finland won.

Not bad

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

Not afraid to be around the net. Can't really judge anything else based on this video.

Quethas

Jan 19, 2010
Tampere
Watched him couple of times during the season and I wrote a report of him during the November's U18 5 Nations tournament for FinnProspects Patrik Siikanen | FinnProspects.com

Siikanen had successful game against Switzerland and he got two goals. He got the first one after getting the puck in front of net and despite the pressure from Swiss defenders, he was able to move the puck in. Later on he steered Anttoni Honka’s shot to the net.
I think the biggest concern with Siikanen is his skating. He is not slow when he gets his feet going but his overall mobility, agility and first steps are not on the required level. On the offensive side he has fairly good skills. He can protect the puck and he knows where to go, but he lacks sharpness. Also his passing game left a lot to be desired. Often his passes didn’t connect or went directly to the opponent’s skates and those situations caused some unnecessary giveaways.
But as the goals highlighted, he is really good in front of the net. Siikanen is big and strong player for this level. And even though I would like to see more physicality from him, he already utilizes his size well.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
A long-shot as with any seventh-round picks. Split the year between Finland's top league, averaging nine minutes of ice time with JyP, and also played in Mestis as well as with JyP's U20 (A Juniors) team.

Still more project than prospect I'd imagine but has another year to impress the Oilers and earn an ELC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->