Prospect Info: 2018 Draft: 1st pick: Evan Bouchard (D) - Sent back to London (11/02/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
you said Bouchard skating, defensive issues and pace is "worse" than Pietrangelo and Subban

again I ask....how do you know Bouchard's skating and pace and defensive issues are worse than Pietrangelo and Subban's?
Because I have watched them play back then? What kind of question is that.

Someone said he was on pace to be better than those guys, I rebuked that.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
To be fair, he was just responding to another poster who made the comparison in the first place.

Bouchard is what he is IMO. His skating is average at best, and his defensive awareness needs work (like most young prospects). He has a fantastic shot, and has a really good breakout pass. Admittedly, I've only seen him play about 15 times now, but those were the things that stood out to me.

A full season in the AHL is likely the best course for him next year. After a full year in the AHL we'll have a better idea as to where he is as a player.
Hell no. They need to send him back for another OHL season and then 1-2 AHL seasons before he sniffs the NHL. He isn't close to being NHL ready. I think he would have a very rough year in the AHL next year too

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Hell no. They need to send him back for another OHL season and then 1-2 AHL seasons before he sniffs the NHL. He isn't close to being NHL ready. I think he would have a very rough year in the AHL next year too

Due to being an October birth date, isn't he eligible for the AHL next year? If I have that correct, I would certainly play him in the AHL next year. Yeah, I imagine he'll have a somewhat rough go of it, but he'll learn more in the AHL than in the OHL, where he will be a man playing against boys (especially at his size).

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Holy hilarious. In another thread you are asking how he's playing currently

On here you make these definitive statements about the current state of his game, as if you've scouted him all season:huh:

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Until Bouchard proves he is not another bust pick im not buying it. Too many Oiler picks have failed for me to all of a sudden think Bouchard will be a gem.

Right now, anything or anyone picked or associated with this pro scouting staff should be TBD.

At least you admit your views are borne out of your bias and not anything concrete.

Button is a tool, I get it, but reserve your judgement on Bouchard. Stop acting like he will light the world on fire from the backend in a few years. When was the last time this organization actually drafted a stud defenseman and succeeded ?

Paul Coffey ?

Button had Bouchard ranked 5th in the draft. He had Hughes at 12th. lol

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Due to being an October birth date, isn't he eligible for the AHL next year? If I have that correct, I would certainly play him in the AHL next year. Yeah, I imagine he'll have a somewhat rough go of it, but he'll learn more in the AHL than in the OHL, where he will be a man playing against boys (especially at his size).
I think him in the AHL next year would be terrible for him. His defensive game is barely good in the OHL, throw him in the AHL he will be on the third pairing getting turnstilled. Let him be good in the OHL first.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

On here you make these definitive statements about the current state of his game, as if you've scouted him all season:huh:
Same thread. Different page. haha

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Cause I want a second opinion incase I am entirely out to lunch. I have my eyes and my friends eyes. Want to confirm my findings with others as well. Is that so odd?

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Because I have watched them play back then? What kind of question is that.

Someone said he was on pace to be better than those guys, I rebuked that.

That's not what they said. They said he's tracking far ahead of guys like Pietrangelo and Subban in their D+1 years, which is true.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
That's not what they said. They said he's tracking far ahead of guys like Pietrangelo and Subban in their D+1 years, which is true.
Offensively yes. Defensively no. I take Pietrangelo in his draft +1 over Bouchard. Subban yeah had a down year but his skating and d game was much better.

Reactions: Andrei79

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
At least you admit your views are borne out of your bias and not anything concrete.

Button had Bouchard ranked 5th in the draft. He had Hughes at 12th. lol

Relax man, read the notes lately ? Button doesn't have Bouchard in his latest top 50. Hence why he is a tool.

Secondly what could be more concrete then the Oilers recent draft history lol. Your kidding me right ?

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Relax man, read the notes lately ? Button doesn't have Bouchard in his latest top 50. Hence why he is a tool.

Secondly what could be more concrete then the Oilers recent draft history lol. Your kidding me right ?
I'm just bummed that our last 3 first rounders all seem to not take a step forward in their draft +1. 2/3 havent taken steps in their draft +2 either

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Cause I want a second opinion incase I am entirely out to lunch. I have my eyes and my friends eyes. Want to confirm my findings with others as well. Is that so odd?

I've been meaning to tell you
I've got this feelin' that won't subside
I look at you and I fantasize
You're mine and tonight

Now I've got you in my sights
With these hungry eeeeyes
One look at you and I can't disguise
I've got hungry eeeeyes
I feel the magic between you and I

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

That's exactly my point. Button seems to blow with the wind.

I dunno, maybe the actual individual player's performance and not the other picks that came before that have nothing to do with him?

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Sideshow Bob(Oilers Now) always harping on how our drafting has improved since Chiarelli took over....

:laugh:

Who the f*** actually believes that trollish statement.

Some fans actually do. No it hasn't. It's the same shit.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
@McDNicks17
Okay learn me a Bouchard. According to you I've seen his bad games and the people I've talked to are wrong and I've ignored context.

What has he improved on last year. What development has taken place for him this year. Is he a better player today than last year?

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Yeah, its not any better at all really. Yams and Pulj are busts already.

At least Puljujarvi can fight his way through traffic and has a good stick to play a third line role eventually. What does Yamamoto actually bring ? Speed ? tenacity ? stickwork ? size ? goal scoring ability ? what did the organization see in this guy ? :laugh:. About to turn 21 and not trending upwards whatsoever.

Previous regimes were drafting guys like Pitlick, Petry, Khaira, Dubnyk,Draisaitl, Eberle

Someone should call out Sideshow Bob on his show on his ludicrous assessment. Stauff def hangs up the phone if this happens.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I know +/- is a horrible stat to judge an individual player; but it definitely says something when the #1 defenseman is a +29 in 26 games. No one else on the team has a higher average than that. Not even close

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I know +/- is a horrible stat to judge an individual player; but it definitely says something when the #1 defenseman is a +29 in 26 games. No one else on the team has a higher average than that. Not even close
From what I have noticed his +/- has hovered around that mark for a while

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
You can't say that he hasn't developed any of his weaknesses and then want to send him back to the OHL for a 5th season. You don't work on issues when you're 20 years old against 17-18 year olds.

He has been there for 4 years. He isn't learning anything else there beyond this year.

He needs to go to the AHL next year for a full season and any weaknesses will be exposed, but not so much so that he cannot still work on them and also get offensive opportunities as well.

You have to sink or swim sooner or later. A 5th season in the OHL would just be a complete and utter waste of a development year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad