Prospect Info: 2018 Draft: 1st pick: Evan Bouchard (D) - Sent back to London (11/02/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

giphy.gif

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
It was a behind the back pass, but the puck still went forward and allowed the forwards to continue to move forward thoughout the entire play. That's why it looks different to me.
It's because he started rotating to make the pass easier. Don't know why more players don't do that

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
He'll be 20YO at the tail end of next training camp. While I don't have an issue with him making the team, I hope they insulate him a bit.

It'll be fun to see how the #'s game plays out...

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Sekera
Russell-Bouchard/Jones/Bear/Benning
Manning
Lagesson

I'd love to turn Sekera or Russell into another RH OFD, just someone to take the heat off Bouchard for the year. Think Green or Faulk, or even Shattenkirk or Vatanen.

Also, I still don't understand the Manning trade. Not because I like Caggiula, but why add a 2.25mil for guy that going to be the #7/8/9?

Reactions: LaGu

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
He'll be 20YO at the tail end of next training camp. While I don't have an issue with him making the team, I hope they insulate him a bit.

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Sekera
Manning
Lagesson

I'd love to turn Sekera or Russell into another RH OFD, just someone to take the heat off Bouchard for the year. Think Green or Faulk, or even Shattenkirk or Vatanen.

Also, I still don't understand the Manning trade. Not because I like Caggiula, but why add a 2.25mil for guy that going to be the #7/8/9?

A player this far in the depth chart should be making under 1 million. He's getting paid like a consistent 5/6 Dman.

Reactions: Aerrol

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Sekera
Manning
Lagesson

It's because Chai is a J---as.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Button was talking about how Bouchard isn't fast enough for the NHL, then Struds asked if he was like Griffin, which was when Button said Griffin was the perfect example.

It was more like a bait comment

Seemed the topic was about "pace of play". Like, the only thing Reinhart couldn't handle was having to make plays faster at the NHL level. DIdn't have to do with how Reinhart skated like he was in mud and wasn't skilled enough to be a solid point producer even as an overager in the CHL.

Bouchard is the top PPG D in the OHL now, and +23. Not sure how much more pace he needs to display. He's just owning that league. Wish we could bring him to the AHL right now.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Reinhart was never an overager in the CHL.

He played until he was 20 in the WHL. Regressed each regular season after he was drafted. Did have a nice playoff his last year of course on a great team.

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Button was talking about how Bouchard isn't fast enough for the NHL, then Struds asked if he was like Griffin, which was when Button said Griffin was the perfect example.

It was more like a bait comment
He didn't say he wasn't fast enough. He said he had to play far, far quicker , which he does. Plays with little to no urgency in his game.
Heard a funny descriptor of him that was perfect (might have been here). "Plays like a 35 year old beerleaguer in a 10:45 Sunday Night game".
I think he will be very goof though. Has a real head for the game.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Unfortunately, Button gave him a -1 for his pace rating.

Kid is kicking the OHL's butt. Best PPG among D. 16th in D scoring playing half the games of everyone ahead of him except Boqvist (33 points in 31 games). Should be in the AHL already, that's the only way he's gonna get consistently challenged on his pace of play. Since that's impossible though, hopefully his team can have a good run in juniors.

Last edited:
Reactions: 780il

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

Unfortunately, Button gave him a -1 for his pace rating.

Kid is kicking the OHL's butt. Best PPG among D. 16th in D scoring playing half the games of everyone ahead of him except Boqvist (33 points in 31 games). Should be in the AHL already, that's the only way he's gonna get challenged on his pace of play. Since that's impossible though, hopefully his team can have a good run in juniors.

Bouchard is a stud

And Button is stupid

Simple

Reactions: TB12

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Button has worries about his pace. I had the same in his look here. I mean a lot of us saw it as calmness and poise.... but it very well could have been looked at as a pace problem. The NHL is a lot quicker, and there’s no time. Your opposition is going at you full speed with full effort nearly all the time. So yeh, when Button says he has these concerns, I’m listening at least.

Hope it’s poise though...

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Button has worries about his pace. I had the same in his look here. I mean a lot of us saw it as calmness and poise.... but it very well could have been looked at as a pace problem. The NHL is a lot quicker, and there’s no time. Your opposition is going at you full speed with full effort nearly all the time. So yeh, when Button says he has these concerns, I’m listening at least.

I never once thought he had "pace" issues up here.

His skating could use a bit of work, but the fact that he never aimlessly scrambled was a sign of poise and calmness under pressure imo, which is something this dcore lacks, as seen by the amount of pucks fired around the board's without looking for an outlet.

Bouchard is smart enough to overcome a lack of elite skating by positionally being sound and making the right plays consistently.

That said, there is a ton of time for him to improve his skating too.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

He really had no business playing any NHL games this year, so I have a hard time judging him off that. Only a D here and there every couple years can handle an instant jump from being drafted to being an NHL regular. Dahlin is the only guy between 2017 and 2018 drafts.

We had better be giving him a full year in the AHL next season to get a better read on how his game is going to evolve when it's not so easy.

I can kinda understand Button judging him poorly off the WJC, but so many guys played bad there. Team was poorly conceived and poorly coached. And kid gave his team their best chance to advance at the end of the day. Unfortunately ended up being used by a guy with a trashed shoulder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad