Prospect Info: 2018 Draft: 1st pick: Evan Bouchard (D) - Sent back to London (11/02/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I want him in the AHL for sure next year. Maybe even the year after that.

Let's develop this one properly, we really have a potential star #1d here. It's up to us to develop him properly as well.

Rushing prospects is what got us into this, give him more than enough time to marinate. I'm thinking all of next year in the AHL, then a call up around christmas of the 2020-21 season.
The thing is I hope we truly take a look at him. There is a difference between rush and developing. If he can fit in 3rd pairing and run a powerplay is that better then 1st pairing at the AHL?

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
The thing is I hope we truly take a look at him. There is a difference between rush and developing. If he can fit in 3rd pairing and run a powerplay is that better then 1st pairing at the AHL?
That's the tough decision to make. In the end, whichever one it is - it has to be right one. We absolutely can't afford to screw this one up as well.

Reactions: LDN

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
That's the tough decision to make. In the end, whichever one it is - it has to be right one. We absolutely can't afford to screw this one up as well.
I'm hoping with the emergence of Jones and Bear we can shuffle around and give playing time accordingly

Reactions: 780il

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I'm hoping with the emergence of Jones and Bear we can shuffle around and give playing time accordingly
I honestly think Jones could play in the top 4 with Nurse next season giving us a d of:

Klef - Larsson
Nurse - Jones
Russel - Benning

*Sekera on LTIR, Manning sucks ass, Petrovic gone

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I honestly think Jones could play in the top 4 with Nurse next season giving us a d of:

Klef - Larsson
Nurse - Jones
Russel - Benning

He's a left shot and Bouchard will be ready for the third pairing by next year. We should find a top 4, right shot D to pair with Nurse.

Klef - Larsson
Nurse - xxx
Russel - Bouchard
Jones

Reactions: MikeGrier99

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton

Klef - Larsson
Nurse - Jones
Russel - Benning

I think Nurse fits well with Russell. Jones on the 3rd pair might round out a good D.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Whenever I search Bouchard and forget to put Evan or OHL or something to it to specify it's our hockey player, I always ended up looking at pictures like this for a while

genie_bouchard.png

Rough 1st game back for him after the WJHC. 0 points and -3. Hope he can keep rolling and racking up the points with London.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
My concern is with Chia's new aquisitions that $6m + he just spent it may be hard to sign Nurse next year now.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
Whenever I search Bouchard and forget to put Evan or OHL or something to it to specify it's our hockey player, I always ended up looking at pictures like this for a while

genie_bouchard.png

Rough 1st game back for him after the WJHC. 0 points and -3. Hope he can keep rolling and racking up the points with London.

Wait, that's not who we drafted?

Damn it chia, I thought we were going to have a team worth watching!

Reactions: oobga

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
He's a left shot and Bouchard will be ready for the third pairing by next year. We should find a top 4, right shot D to pair with Nurse.

Klef - Larsson
Nurse - xxx
Russel - Bouchard
Jones

Petrovic is > Benning. Maybe. Dont mind him. Manning is a waste of space and Cajulla.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada

genie_bouchard.png

crease....clearing...

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

genie_bouchard.png

She's rocket buddy. A real snipe show

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
My concern is with Chia's new aquisitions that $6m + he just spent it may be hard to sign Nurse next year now.

RNH is a UFA after next season. Petrovic is off the books this season, Manning and Spooner are off the books at the end of next year. If RNH wants to stay then I’m sure we’ll find a way to make space.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
RNH is a UFA after next season. Petrovic is off the books this season, Manning and Spooner are off the books at the end of next year. If RNH wants to stay then I’m sure we’ll find a way to make space.
RNH has 2 years left after this year, no? Only helps your point, ha.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

Unless these morons keep adding more Spooners and Mannings and buying out crap contracts at least :) Many many ways to always be stuck up against the cap by blowing money on nothing players.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Cheeky, but that is why I really wish he could play in the AHL. That'll get picked off 10/10 in the pros.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Cheeky, but that is why I really wish he could play in the AHL. That'll get picked off 10/10 in the pros.
Bouchards offensive game is knowing when a move works and when it doesn't and using it appropriately. He wouldn't try that at the NHL level cause he knows it would get picked off.

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->