Prospect Info: 2018 Draft: 1st pick: Evan Bouchard (D) - Sent back to London (11/02/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Bouchard was Canada's best defenseman once again. Had a shaky first defensively but his offense throughout the rest of the game was unbelievable. He got a 3rd assist on a play he started, hit an inside post on a Bouchbomb, and fed 3 players for wide open nets that they couldn't convert.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Anyone else see a Mark Giordano here? Just not as good in his own zone.

Also, I think there is a Shea Weber comparable too.

Although Bouchard is a more offensive version with some defensive warts.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Anyone else see a Mark Giordano here? Just not as good in his own zone.

Also, I think there is a Shea Weber comparable too.

Although Bouchard is a more offensive version with some defensive warts.

Gio is smaller but a pitbull. Weber is a large and physical d-man with a generational shot. I don't see a good comp in either guy. I suspect that Bouch will be a high end offensive contributor that will need a solid defensive partner to get the most out of his game.

Reactions: MessierII

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Gio is smaller but a pitbull. Weber is a large and physical d-man with a generational shot. I don't see a good comp in either guy. I suspect that Bouch will be a high end offensive contributor that will need a solid defensive partner to get the most out of his game.

A bigger Zubov? With a better shot, not as good of a skater?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Dougie Hamilton is the best comparison I can see.

I disagree here. I watched Dougie live a lot in Junior. As much as I loved the player, he thrived as a man among boys. Though there is a different playing style, there is a similarity between Hamilton in Nurse. Their tools allowed them to dominate in junior. Their lack of a toolbox hold them back from reaching the potential that some saw in them.

Bouchard has the tools and the toolbox. He think the game so much better than Dougie ever did in Junior.

Reactions: ColoradoCanes

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
Is it just me or did Bouch sit a lot of the 3rd period. Anyone know why?

Probably the score? Why ride your top pair in a huge spread. I seen everyone talking up ty smith because he played so much. Pretty sure there coach decided to sit there top guys as he will ride them heavy heading forward. Could be wrong though

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Gave their bottom pairing top pairing minutes so they can give their top pair, top pairing minutes tomorrow.

It was smart coaching. I don’t even think we were trying to run up the score, just men against boys.

Reactions: zman77

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Evan Bouchard is very similar with his style of play to John Carlson.
He has a an accurate powerful shot but is ok with passing off to his team-mates.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Hmmmm I don't know if I agree entirely with this. His shot is good but his best asset is his IQ and stretch pass.

Agree Cyclone...............seen him play around 200 games for the London Knights.
Excellent passer and thinks the game way beyond his years.
Team Canada has a leader who is a team first player.

Reactions: snipes

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
The way he passed the pucks last night is exactly what this team is missing. So accurate, fast, and quick. I'm excited for the bomb he has but that passing ability is on a whole other level. His first few steps look slightly quicker than they were in training camp which was his biggest fault in my eyes. The fact he also looks 30, appearance wise and on ice patience is also amazing. So excited to see what this kid does for the rest of the tourney and next year when he makes the big club. No way in hell he doesn't.

Reactions: snipes

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
The way he passed the pucks last night is exactly what this team is missing. So accurate, fast, and quick. I'm excited for the bomb he has but that passing ability is on a whole other level. His first few steps look slightly quicker than they were in training camp which was his biggest fault in my eyes. The fact he also looks 30, appearance wise and on ice patience is also amazing. So excited to see what this kid does for the rest of the tourney and next year when he makes the big club. No way in hell he doesn't.

His passing and quick decisions moving the puck is nothing short of incredible.

He processes the game so fast.

Reactions: McNuge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad