Prospect Info: 2018 Draft: 1st pick: Evan Bouchard (D) - Sent back to London (11/02/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Bouchard was the best D man for Canada tonight his assist was a beauty.

tenor.gif

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Apparently Dobson wasn't very good. Raab, where you at?

That's why it's so tough to project players based on an end of season, four team tournament. That was really where Dobson became a household name and his draft ranking shot through the roof because of his play in the Mem Cup.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still glad Calgary inadvertently traded him for Hamonic.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I really believe Bouchard will be the 2nd best D-man out of this draft, and the best offensively.

What a steal at 10.

I'm still excited to see his new London Teammate Boqvist in a few years, same for Quinton Hughes but I think that being the second best dman from this draft is definitely possible, and this was a crazy draft for dmen. Super happy to have him.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
what's been worse?

The chart in this same thread clearly shows what has been worse, as an example. I would argue that our rush offence is significantly worse, as well as our PP being a little worse.

But this thread is about Bouchard, so lets not derail it talking about the many woes of the Oilers, lol. There are lots of other threads about that :)

Todd from Leduc

Connor “The Next Great One” McDavid
Nov 15, 2017
Leduc
After Bouche gets his country a metal he needs to be back on the big club, we could reall use him in that 3/4 role right now. Friggun love this kid!

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
The chart in this same thread clearly shows what has been worse, as an example. I would argue that our rush offence is significantly worse, as well as our PP being a little worse.

But this thread is about Bouchard, so lets not derail it talking about the many woes of the Oilers, lol. There are lots of other threads about that :)
losing Klefbom and Russell have played a significant role in the decline...look when they lost those two then look at the decline on the chart

Reactions: TB12 and Oilhawks

DerpMorg

10 Year Tire Fire
Feb 1, 2012
Ft. McMurray
The fact we may have an actual number one dman - the first since Pronger - in our team in the future is exciting to actually think about it.

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
That pass was nasty. We haven't had a dman with that sort of offensive awareness since lubo.

You'd think I'd be better at curbing my excitement after watching the oilers continuously fail to develop these promising prospects, but damn if I'm not excited to see Bouchard buck that trend.

He's got top pairing dman written all over him.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
The fact we may have an actual number one dman - the first since Pronger - in our team in the future is exciting to actually think about it.

We said the same things about Nurse when he was ripping it up in juniors.
Nothing wrong with curbing expectations.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
I think a guy like Yandle is a decent expectation for his ceiling if all goes right. Offence-first blueliner straddling between the first and second pairings.

yandle works.

plus he's a right shot and a little bigger.....

I'd like to think his ceiling is a little "better" but probably somewhere around Yandle is realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->