NCAA: 2018 College Football Playoff/New Year's Six Discussion

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This is like USA gold medal game in 2014. UGA clearly doesn’t care. This is a huge black eye on Kirby Smart. It’s one thing for pros playing in the Olympics to just not give a damn. You can’t let your team of kids just basically throw a temper tantrum this way and not show up

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Georgia is not accounting themselves as a team that should have been in the playoff

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Eh, I gave up on it after the 3rd. Good on Washington for coming back and making it interesting.

I stopped watching at Halftime but came back to it in the 4th. I was just surprised considering how active this forum is with football games and Rose Bowl still being that "Iconic" game. It's not as special as when Keith Jackson did it, mind you, but if there is one thing I do appreciate with all these playoff changes, it's keeping the Rose Bowl in it's traditional timeslot on New Years Day.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Sam can’t throw a sinker there. Wish we put up some points after the turnover but oh well.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Ball came out there.

I feel like this is going to be one-possession by the time this is done

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I stopped watching at Halftime but came back to it in the 4th. I was just surprised considering how active this forum is with football games and Rose Bowl still being that "Iconic" game. It's not as special as when Keith Jackson did it, mind you, but if there is one thing I do appreciate with all these playoff changes, it's keeping the Rose Bowl in it's traditional timeslot on New Years Day.

The NCAA GDTs in general I think have been getting less traffic this year. That said this years Rose Bowl was not a playoff game like it was last year, that may or may not correlate with thread activity but it's at least something to consider.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The NCAA GDTs in general I think have been getting less traffic this year. That said this years Rose Bowl was not a playoff game like it was last year, that may or may not correlate with thread activity but it's at least something to consider.

Nor was it a barnburner like USC/Penn State 2 years ago

Reactions: HisIceness

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That play where the QB was drilled, that's roughing the passer in the NFL. Interesting College didn't adopt that same rule.
If you notice, you never hear people complaining about penalties or pace of play in college. And the games take longer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad