NCAA: 2018 College Football Playoff/New Year's Six Discussion

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
True, I'm probably putting too much weight on them almost losing at home to Syracuse.

They were in a bit of turmoil that week with the Bryant transfer and Lawrence injury. Once they got past that, they smashed everybody and just plain passed the eye test as a top 2 team.

In any event, this game is an obvious mismatch to no surprise so time to get ready for Alabama-Clemson Part 4.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
They were in a bit of turmoil that week with the Bryant transfer and Lawrence injury. Once they got past that, they smashed everybody and just plain passed the eye test as a top 2 team.

In any event, this game is an obvious mismatch to no surprise so time to get ready for Alabama-Clemson Part 4.

Yup so much for Oklahoma competing. Although they did get shafted on both reviews. Oklahoma is the team that should have lost their spot to UCF though, they're pretty lucky they even got let in.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yup so much for Oklahoma competing. Although they did get shafted on both reviews. Oklahoma is the team that should have lost their spot to UCF though, they're pretty lucky they even got let in.

I think either Ohio State or Georgia would have gotten in if they left out Oklahoma. UCF honestly needed Milton to not get hurt, and they needed to run up the score during the regular season.

Another OU punt coming up...

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
I think either Ohio State or Georgia would have gotten in if they left out Oklahoma. UCF honestly needed Milton to not get hurt, and they needed to run up the score during the regular season.

Another OU punt coming up...

The committee has pretty much declared the playoff is P5 only. UCF really never had any way in.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
How does Bama look awful against a terrible Georgia QB and offense yet OU can’t even score on them? They also looked bad the game before Georgia. Though they won they allowed 24 points. I had a funny feeling they’d lose tonight. Guess I was wrong

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
How does Bama look awful against a terrible Georgia QB and offense yet OU can’t even score on them? They also looked bad the game before Georgia. Though they won they allowed 24 points. I had a funny feeling they’d lose tonight. Guess I was wrong

Nick Saban has a month to prepare and #13 is healthy. Tua was playing on one leg the last 5 games before the break.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
This got ugly in a hurry. Alabama seems to be more concerned with getting Hurts on the field no less

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
UCF wants a seat at the table but isn't willing to put in the work. Boise State and TCU are the blueprints. They shouldn't have rejected that deal from Florida.

Where did that get Boise? They do put in the work, they play two P5 teams every year, are they supposed to play 4 and all on the road to impress you? Do you even know what Florida was offering? It wasn't just a 2-1, it was a 1 at the Citrus bowl and not on campus and the money they were offering for the 2 was peanuts. UCF still needs to make money, they don't get 30mil from a TV deal like the SEC, so they schedule a FCS school who they don't have to pay a lot for a home game which generates good revenue.

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
UCF would've beat Notre Dame by more than the 27 Clemson just did. Notre Dame is garbage. The only two teams that would challenge UCF are Clemson and Bama.
Oh, come on.

Challenge UCF? Really? UCF '18 isn't any kind of a favorite there; the Knights would be a very comfortable double-digit dog and they're probably on the order of -30 against Alabama. [Yes, seriously.]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad