NCAA: 2018 College Football Playoff/New Year's Six Discussion

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
I think the defense gets ragged on more than they deserve. They faced 10 players who went over 1000 yards rushing this season. 7 of the top 50 rushing offenses in the country. They were also switching from a 3-4 to a 4-3 so some adjustments were needed and the personal isn't set for that style yet. Clemson wouldn't put up 60+ 40+ sure but UCF would be over 30+ themselves. It would be like 45-31.
Clemson is 9th in the country in rushing offense. The Tigers would maul that defense like it was a wounded gazelle.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Probably not even then but ''Tis the Season for giving so I figured I'd throw HoseEmDown a bone.

If they lined up right now I think it would be something like 44-17. Dabo wouldn't keep his foot in the pedal.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I wouldn't have minded if UCF found their way into the playoff, but against these two top teams they would've gotten smoked like they have smoked just about everyone else.

Reactions: Irish Blues

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I didn't think Notre Dame was one of the four best teams in the country, but saying that they didn't deserve to get in after they got destroyed is silly in my opinion (I know that people are probably thinking that right now.).

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Clemson has a lot more depth, speed and overall talent. The score is what it should be.

Alabama, Clemson and Georgia are a couple of levels above everybody else and that will show out again tonight with Alabama.

I just really wasn't impressed by Clemson this year. Incredibly weak schedule I thought.

Hope OU puts up a fight tonight at least. I think they can cover 14.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I didn't think Notre Dame was one of the four best teams in the country, but saying that they didn't deserve to get in after they got destroyed is silly in my opinion (I know that people are probably thinking that right now.).

Same thing as Clemson and Ohio State in 2016.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I have no idea how they think he’s down. If anything the first view showed it was out before but not conclusive

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I just really wasn't impressed by Clemson this year. Incredibly weak schedule I thought.

And for the most part they crushed their competition. They played a couple good teams early that kept them close during their QB “controversy”, but they still found ways to win.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
And for the most part they crushed their competition. They played a couple good teams early that kept them close during their QB “controversy”, but they still found ways to win.

True, I'm probably putting too much weight on them almost losing at home to Syracuse.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Alabama ran almost the same play in the touchdown, but recognized the lack of gap control whereas the play where they fumbled, or whatever, they didn't.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY

Clemson passed the eye test with flying colors though. I don't think you can say with a straight face that they aren't one of the top four teams in the country considering their combination of talent and their results. Sure, the schedule was underwhelming, but that isn't their fault that their opponents had down years.

Reactions: Irish Blues

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
True, I'm probably putting too much weight on them almost losing at home to Syracuse.

Fair, that was a rough game. But Syracuse’s losses were to two top 3 teams and the other in OT. That was also the first start for Lawrence, and I’m sure there were kinks to work out with that.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

I was impressed because they relied on freshman and sophomores on offense and were dominant in the 2nd half.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Clemson passed the eye test with flying colors though. I don't think you can say with a straight face that they aren't one of the top four teams in the country considering their combination of talent and their results. Sure, the schedule was underwhelming, but that isn't their fault that their opponents had down years.

Clemson definitely deserved their spot, no doubt. I just really thought they were overrated and might lose today. Notre Dame never even got off the bus today though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->