2018 chl import draft

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Some Finnish players

Mikko Kokkonen ( Could be SM liiga regular in Mikkelin Jukurit but does Jukurit have roster spot him)
Patrik Puistola ( not signed yet with SM liiga team so who knows is he staying to Finland)
Leevi Aaltonen ( what are Kalpa's plans for him and is he interested to come CHL)
Antti Saarela ( Same as Patrik Puistola)
Jasper Rannisto ( what are HIFK's plans for him)
Anton Lundell ( same as Jasper Rannisto)
Marcus Kallionkieli ( Not sure is he staying to Finland and what are HIFK's plans for him)

Finland's 2019 NHL draft eligible top prospects Kaapo Kakko ( TPS) and Anttoni Honka ( JYP) are already signed with SM liiga teams so these two guys aren't coming to CHL.

Last edited:

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Do I get it right that CHL allowed euro goalies to play in the league? Or it's just a suggestion?

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Top candidates to be selected this year?

Some Finns who might get drafted.
Mikko Kokkonen ( Signed by his SM liiga team reporting open)
Leevi Aaltonen ( If gets drafted could report)
Anton Lundell ( Signed by his SM liiga team reporting open)
Kaapo Kakko ( Signed by his SM liiga team reporting open)
Anttoni Honka ( Signed by his SM liiga team reporting open)
Niklas Nordgen ( Signed by his SM liiga team reporting open)

Other Europeans who might get drafted
Maxim Cajkovic ( Slovakia)
Jaromir Pytlik ( Czech Republic)

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
My prediction on Belarusian kids was:
Alistrov
Kolyachonok
Kazyanin
Stepanov
Protas
Oksentyuk
Barkovsky

But later Kolyachonok signed a try-out contract with KHL's Dinamo Minsk. Hopefully it's just to join the Dinamo's preseason camp because it's obviously too early for him to play in KHL. I cant wait to look at him at the CHL level, cause he's one of the most promising player of Belarus' 2001 crop.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Goaltenders are allowed to be drafted this year as per this article. What contenders need a goaltender because Akira Schmid is for sure coming over. NJ had him ranked as the top goaltender in the draft.

Devils 2018 NHL Draftee Scouting Report

"He's got a good foundation, needs to get stronger and get more power in his pushes and improve his technique, but he was the number one goalie on our list and we think he's got a lot of potential to do really well."

"In previous years, the only option for international goalies to play in North America was in the United States Hockey League, but the Canadian Hockey League (WHL, OHL, QMJHL) has recently lifted its ban on international goalies and many are expected to be selected in their import draft later this week. "

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And Halifax somehow takes somebody we have no clue about and ends up being a top-five pick going into the 2019 or 2020 NHL draft.

Wondering if the Mooseheads take a shot at the Habs 2nd round pick in this past draft (Alexander Romanov)? With not knowing if Zadina or Somppi are back, it makes things difficult. I'm assuming Zadina is back as the Wings don't like to rush players into the NHL and for as much as he already has and NHL shot and quick release to score, his skating is not as good as Hischier was in his draft year. I think Zadina will get a few NHL games but will be sent back to Junior for the Memorial cup run. Good experience for him. As far as Somppi, I'm sure they have already called Yzerman to see what his plans are for him.

Mooseheads have the 46th pick right? Whoever they convince/draft to play with us will also know that he may not have a spot if both Zadina and Somppi are back. Will be interesting to see how they manage this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->