Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
I am surprised by the rumors of the Celtics being one of the most aggresive teams to trade up into the top 10/5. Why is that? Even if the most value comes out of future draft picks (let's say: Rozier, SAC pick and MEM 1st for #4), you would have to give the young player enough opportunity to shine and develop. How would that be possible on a strong contender with Kyrie, Horford, Hayward, Brown and Tatum in the line-up?
Besides, the only player Danny would probably trade up for is Bamba, because he's one of the most intriguing top-prospects and would fill a void on our team. But on the oher hand, Stevens doesn't strike me as the type of coach who admires traditional Centers.
Anyone else (like Doncic) would be blocked to some degree.

Trading up in the draft is usually an exciting thought for me, but not this year. What I can see is a minor trade-up (from 27 to 19 ; Atlanta has multiple first rounders), because Danny might feel the need to draft a role player in order to replace Smart for example. In fact, I wouldn't be shocked if he trades up to get DiVincenco.
If we stay at #27, my money is on Allen.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Am I the only one that would be fine with staying at 27 and drafting Grayson Allen? I mean, if you can get good return on certain players/packages then do it, but id be fine staying there and drafting Allen.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Am I the only one that would be fine with staying at 27 and drafting Grayson Allen? I mean, if you can get good return on certain players/packages then do it, but id be fine staying there and drafting Allen.

If they draft Allen I am going to be really f***ing disappointed. I f***ing hate that guy.

LucicIsABeast

Dec 7, 2008
Lville IL
If they draft Allen I am going to be really ****ing disappointed. I ****ing hate that guy.
I am in full agreement. When you have a YouTube compilation showing all the players you have tripped (and usually when you are losing), not sure you are mentally strong. Talent is there to be a player, just don’t know what’s going on in the head.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He's Bill Laimbeer 2.0

decent player but garbage cheap shot artist who does the "who me?" routine every time and has an equally punchable face

I asked my son, “Who is Grayson Allen?”

Him: “Why?”

I said, “Because some mock drafts have the Celtics taking him.”

Him: “I f***ing hate Grayson Allen.”

:laugh:

He then explained who he was. I didn’t realize it was the controversial kid from Duke.

Reactions: sarge88

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
If they draft Allen I am going to be really ****ing disappointed. I ****ing hate that guy.

I don't have any positive or negative feelings towards Allen. But from what Ainge said about the guy, there is a good chance he values what he brings from a late 1st round pick. Plus he does not have to shoot for the moon or draft a stash guy. Allen can shoot the 3, plays tough and gritty. Sounds like a perfect role-player on a contender.
Cannot see anyone other than us or GSW taking the guy, that's why I am happy that we are one slot above the Warriors. They may be fishing in the same pool.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Yeah, guy is a complete dick, but in saying that, he will be our complete dick, and as long as his dickness doesnt hurt the team I am fine with them drafting him, he has real talent. He'd be a great fit here, will just make other fans hate Boston even more :laugh:

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I just saw a rumour that Trader Danny offered Morris, Rozier, the 2019 Sacramento/Philly pick and a future 1st round pick to Atlanta for the # 3 pick. Apparently if it went through Boston would have grabbed Doncic wit the pick. Sounds BS to me but who knows ???? :dunno:

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Still on the board, by the way...

Robert Williams, C, Texas A&M
Elie Okobo, PG, France
De'Anthony Melton, CG, Southern Cal
Dzanan Musa, F, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Jacob Evans, SF, Cincinnati
Keita Bates-Diop, SF, Ohio State
Jalen Brunson, PG, Villanova