2018 Caps NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I'd much rather that than 12OA...and still having the 46.
The problem with that is they're not going to know at 12 who may make it to end of the round. They may have a pretty good idea based on buzz but there could be trades that shake things up. Whereas at 12--right then--they'll likely have a guy really high on their board still available. That quality would be tough to pass up IMO.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
The problem with that is they're not going to know at 12 who may make it to end of the round. They may have a pretty good idea based on buzz but there could be trades that shake things up. Whereas at 12--right then--they'll likely have a guy really high on their board still available. That quality would be tough to pass up IMO.

In Ross we trust.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015

After this trade, if its the Avs, lets see if we can move up more.

bags92

Jan 2, 2010
Rochester, New York
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Caps GM Brian McLellan and agent Rick Curran have chatted a couple of times over the past 24 hrs, each exchanged their positions on what a contract for John Carlson would look like.. my sense is Caps discussing internally how they can do it... must create cap space</p>&mdash; Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) <a href="">June 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
We are in an enviable position - not only as Cup champs...did we mention the CAPS WON THE STANLEY CUP, because they did - but also we can look forward to not just a pick in the 1st, but trade action.

Really has been a sweet hockey year so far.
The one time--ever--where I'll not mind one bit if a team takes an extra 15-30 seconds to heap effective praise on the recent Cup champions.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Caps GM Brian McLellan and agent Rick Curran have chatted a couple of times over the past 24 hrs, each exchanged their positions on what a contract for John Carlson would look like.. my sense is Caps discussing internally how they can do it... must create cap space</p>&mdash; Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) <a href="">June 22, 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm hoping this is good news. JC agent letting the caps work details to make the deal happen. Sounds like he wants to be here.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I'm hoping this is good news. JC agent letting the caps work details to make the deal happen. Sounds like he wants to be here.
Does sound like he wants to stay instead of test the market if they're talking a lot. Otherwise you've got to think the agent would tell Mac he's going to test free agency and there's no reason for dialog.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->