2018 Busts

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Jordan Howard, Doug Baldwin, Larry Fitzgerald (though picked it up later), Fournette (injury), DJ (relative to expectations), Gronk, Devonta Freeman, Royce Freeman

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
II felt good about my thoughts on RBs all year, but missed on these 4 WR's:

Amari Cooper - Expected Cooper from the first two seasons. He's gotten there now in Dallas, but I'm not pretending that first half the year didn't happen. Huge miss.. but hope you held onto him.
Keelan Cole, Nelson Agholor, John Ross - Thought all would be firm WR3 or flex guys.. at worst.

But my #1 miss of the year...

Rob Gronkowski. Could tell he had slowed down last year, but I thought he would be a TD machine this year if he stayed healthy. Thought we would see 800-1000 yards and 12+ TDs. Huge miss.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Tom Brady killed me this year. You knew the drop off was going to happen sooner or later, but this was the year.

Reactions: m9

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
II felt good about my thoughts on RBs all year, but missed on these 4 WR's:

Amari Cooper - Expected Cooper from the first two seasons. He's gotten there now in Dallas, but I'm not pretending that first half the year didn't happen. Huge miss.. but hope you held onto him.
Keelan Cole, Nelson Agholor, John Ross - Thought all would be firm WR3 or flex guys.. at worst.

Rob Gronkowski. Could tell he had slowed down last year, but I thought he would be a TD machine this year if he stayed healthy. Thought we would see 800-1000 yards and 12+ TDs. Huge miss.
I was high on Cole and Agholor too.

Another couple for me: Goodwin and Hogan. Thought both would be WR2s or better honestly.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Aaron Rodgers was honestly a pretty big bust for me. He's averaged only 18.5 points per game since his week 7 bye. He's only topped 30 points twice (weeks 5 and 6), he's been under his projected points almost every single game this year.

Thankfully I grabbed Philip Rivers early in the season and he's been having another great season. He's not putting up giant numbers, but he's been very reliable and has a lot of weapons.

Ty Montgomery was a bust for me, but admittedly was more of a sleeper pick.

Demaryius Thomas busted pretty hard. I'm never drafting this fool again, lol. Worst hands of any WR I've ever seen in my life. It's pretty bad to lead the league in dropped passes when your job is to catch passes.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Not at all - he was still a top ten RB in most formats.

He is right there with Adrian Peterson (outside the top 10) so if thats what you look for in someone who was taken top 5 then I guess you don't consider him a bust but I sure as hell do, the 2 RB's ranked right after him got 100 more points than him, well over 50%

If he was hurt I wouldnt call him a bust but he played every game was just garbage and would of been worse if he didnt get all those garbage time td's

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He is right there with Adrian Peterson (outside the top 10) so if thats what you look for in someone who was taken top 5 then I guess you don't consider him a bust but I sure as hell do, the 2 RB's ranked right after him got 100 more points than him, well over 50%

If he was hurt I wouldnt call him a bust but he played every game was just garbage and would of been worse if he didnt get all those garbage time td's

The first three rounds were filled with way worse picks than David Johnson. Having him in your lineup all year was much better than what guys like Bell, Cook or Fournette provided just to name a few top 15 guys.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
None of those guys were top 5 picks except potentially Bell, whom I would not consider a bust cause he sat out, Fournette not a bust because he was great when he was in. I'd much rather have my top pick ruled out so i can play his handcuff or whomever else than to give under 10 points in PPR

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
9Kareem HuntA
12Odell Beckham Jr. B
29 Jerick McKinnonF
32 T.Y. HiltonB
49Royce FreemanF
52Marvin JonesC
69Chris ThompsonF
72Sony MichelB
89Robby AndersonF
92Kirk CousinsB
109Kelvin BenjaminF
112Nick ChubbA
129Wil LutzA
132Tyler Eifert D
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
This is an average draft compared to most of my years. :help:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
None of those guys were top 5 picks except potentially Bell, whom I would not consider a bust cause he sat out, Fournette not a bust because he was great when he was in. I'd much rather have my top pick ruled out so i can play his handcuff or whomever else than to give under 10 points in PPR

Fournette didn't have a useful game until Week 10 and that included multiple times he was in your lineup.

David Johnson still averaged like 15pts a game in PPR, over 12 in standard. Perfectly fine low-end RB1 or solid RB2. Obviously below expectations but not near someone that crippled your team.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis

I had a serious debate between him and Kelce in round 2 of my draft, went TK, and super thankful I did.

Reactions: m9

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Devonta Freeman hurt but in my 2 QB league Stafford was the worst pick. I picked him up one spot in front of Ben and two spots in front of Rivers... and I don't like Stafford at all (got burned in Fantasy from him before) but went against my better judgement. I ended up trading for Luck but have a HUGE hole with Carr/Stafford as my 2nd QB options

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Devonta Freeman hurt but in my 2 QB league Stafford was the worst pick. I picked him up one spot in front of Ben and two spots in front of Rivers... and I don't like Stafford at all (got burned in Fantasy from him before) but went against my better judgement. I ended up trading for Luck but have a HUGE hole with Carr/Stafford as my 2nd QB options

Stafford is a good call in 2QB leagues. Got burned by him too.

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Chris Hogan. Drafted him as a WR2 (in a deep league), then traded him for next to nothing, and I was lucky to get anything at all for him. I could have had Brandin Cooks instead.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Cooper aside from like 2 or 3 games.

Gronk.

David Johnson as projected to get the same kind of PTS he would get 2 years ago but has only had a couple huge games fantasy wise. He was the reason a lot of people won their leagues in 2016... freaking machine.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I don't remember having a year like I've had with Baldwin. Drafted him right before the news came out about how his injury would affect his play this season. Didn't trade him because he's been such a consistent PPR force in the past.

Has been a complete ghost every time I've started him. Sucks because he gives you just enough to think you may be able to trust him at some points like with that one decent game before the bye week, and then he comes back with nothing. Also remember there was a report that he "feels fully healthy for the first time this season" and then came out and lays an egg. Got a couple TDs before he missed time in December, but it was way past the point that I'd consider starting him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad