2018 Blackhawks Development Camp (July 16-20 at MB Ice Arena)

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Yes there was a technical glitch at about 6 minutes left in the 2nd period...video stopped /stick after a rush by Jokiharju and then in transition back ...video froze ...would not pick up again till intermission before 3rd period with shots of the zamboni re-surfacing the ice.Then we did see the 3rd period and extra time and shoot-out. .

But the score was 1-0 when it froze...missed 2 goals by Kuffmer and Slavin..so it was 2-1 at the start of the 3rd..

Neither of those missing 2 goals showed on clips on the twitters of either Scott Powers or Charlie Roumeliotis..Maybe a re-cap on the Hawks website will show all the goals again?

Intestine that Fort in and Maximovich were the 2 most dangerous forwards creating open ice away from checkers for themselves...both of course Rockford players and not the just drafted forwards ...Kuffmer did get 2 goals...1 in regulation play and 1 in the shoot-out ...but he of course was not drafted but a college invite ...interesting he scores 2 but got absolutely zero write up all camp by the media beat guys nor even 1 Clio of hop during camp or this scrimmage ...so drunk on the hype and focus on Jokiharju and Boqvist and some of the recent other draftees were they concentrating on...

So did Kuffmer impress enough to earn a contract? Only Stan knows cause the media guys really ignored him and his story all camp.

Oloffsson scored the first goal ..so again an older college guy does it ..

So basically the goal scorers were the ignored or almost ignored ...even Slavin who was a just drafted scored but he too generated little media coverage during camp .

So you could say off thus 1 scrimmage the unheralded did all the scoring ..
The good news was the most if the D looked competent defending and a lot better than the unacceptable disgraceful defending we saw from our Hawks vet Dmrn last season. .where the incompetence of Keith Seabrook Murphy especially manifested so dreadfully showing both unwillingness and un-ableness to defend anything g . SO THE future of the d-corps looks very promising with these kids ..

As far as Jokiharju Boqvist Mitchell Krys, beating goalies with their point shots..did not happen in this scrimmage ...and they looked like nothing special I the shoot out either..That is discouraging that they all do not show that shot which would lead us to think they can make a difference from the point ...but it was only 1 scrimmage .

So we found out we do not have the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr or Erik Karlsson nor any Crosby or Ovechkin in sight. .I guess we gotta temperature enthusiasm. ..you know. .just a wee bit.

However..Kuffmer buried his chances ..so that means I guess we will not sign him. .

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
She was mad as his first game he let in a late goal playing poor then was kinda just complaining to the refs but supposedly he got better.

I also don't know how much you can say oh Colition "gets it" by praising 2 forwards carrying the puck when he didnt play those forwards.

From was mocked by I think Chris Block because From signed a PTO but was upset and left or something because he didnt get to play and Fortin was hardly used by JC.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Maybe this is just me but I think Peeters is going end up not being signed. He is having some legit issues with his game (he does not look fluid at all and he seems fall apart mentally at times). This is why goalies are always a risk to draft.

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Based on scrimmage, we dont have the new coming of Karlsson in Boqvist.

Source: our best friend Fiddy.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yes there was a technical glitch at about 6 minutes left in the 2nd period...video stopped /stick after a rush by Jokiharju and then in transition back ...video froze ...would not pick up again till intermission before 3rd period with shots of the zamboni re-surfacing the ice.Then we did see the 3rd period and extra time and shoot-out. .

But the score was 1-0 when it froze...missed 2 goals by Kuffmer and Slavin..so it was 2-1 at the start of the 3rd..

Neither of those missing 2 goals showed on clips on the twitters of either Scott Powers or Charlie Roumeliotis..Maybe a re-cap on the Hawks website will show all the goals again?

Intestine that Fort in and Maximovich were the 2 most dangerous forwards creating open ice away from checkers for themselves...both of course Rockford players and not the just drafted forwards ...Kuffmer did get 2 goals...1 in regulation play and 1 in the shoot-out ...but he of course was not drafted but a college invite ...interesting he scores 2 but got absolutely zero write up all camp by the media beat guys nor even 1 Clio of hop during camp or this scrimmage ...so drunk on the hype and focus on Jokiharju and Boqvist and some of the recent other draftees were they concentrating on...

So did Kuffmer impress enough to earn a contract? Only Stan knows cause the media guys really ignored him and his story all camp.

Oloffsson scored the first goal ..so again an older college guy does it ..

So basically the goal scorers were the ignored or almost ignored ...even Slavin who was a just drafted scored but he too generated little media coverage during camp .

So you could say off thus 1 scrimmage the unheralded did all the scoring ..
The good news was the most if the D looked competent defending and a lot better than the unacceptable disgraceful defending we saw from our Hawks vet Dmrn last season. .where the incompetence of Keith Seabrook Murphy especially manifested so dreadfully showing both unwillingness and un-ableness to defend anything g . SO THE future of the d-corps looks very promising with these kids ..

As far as Jokiharju Boqvist Mitchell Krys, beating goalies with their point shots..did not happen in this scrimmage ...and they looked like nothing special I the shoot out either..That is discouraging that they all do not show that shot which would lead us to think they can make a difference from the point ...but it was only 1 scrimmage .

So we found out we do not have the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr or Erik Karlsson nor any Crosby or Ovechkin in sight. .I guess we gotta temperature enthusiasm. ..you know. .just a wee bit.

However..Kuffmer buried his chances ..so that means I guess we will not sign him. .

I agree that the D all showed they were competent in their own and while some don't like the term "active sticks" you could see that the D prospects were all solid to very good with their sticks in the defensive zone. I really liked how active and aggressive they were in coverage.

Your take on the D on the PP is not remotely accurate. Literally not even close. Mitchell, HJ, Boqvist, and Krys all looked really good really good from a point shot perspective. Other than their constant movement the biggest thing to notice was that their heads were always up even when shooting the puck (hope Keith was watching). They were also willing to use wrist shots to get shots through instead of just hammering shin pads with bombs.

Boqvist actually did quite a few things that looked like Karlsson, did you not see the tap in goal he set up? His raw skill and IQ were very obvious.

You might want to temper your pre-5 o'clock Binny's binge drinking. (JOKE)

Last edited:

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Maybe this is just me but I think Peeters is going end up not being signed. He is having some legit issues with his game (he does not look fluid at all and he seems fall apart mentally at times). This is why goalies are always a risk to draft.

It’s astonishing how many picks we have spent on goalies and none of them have made it here or elsewhere. I think you’re right, just sign free agents of all ages. We would have definitely hit on some good NHL skaters with some of those picks and could have just traded them for a goalie prospect.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It’s astonishing how many picks we have spent on goalies and none of them have made it here or elsewhere. I think you’re right, just sign free agents of all ages. We would have definitely hit on some good NHL skaters with some of those picks and could have just traded them for a goalie prospect.

Every team is like this for the most part. Goalies are easier to find but hard to draft if that makes any sense.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Every team is like this for the most part. Goalies are easier to find but hard to draft if that makes any sense.

Yeah, it does. I think some teams are good at scouting goalies and we are definitely not one of them. For instance, teams like Nashville, NYR, LA, Pittsburgh are consistently bringing guys into the NHL. I don’t know if that is just luck but it has been going on for 10+ years so there must be something to it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Yeah, it does. I think some teams are good at scouting goalies and we are definitely not one of them. For instance, teams like Nashville, NYR, LA, Pittsburgh are consistently bringing guys into the NHL. I don’t know if that is just luck but it has been going on for 10+ years so there must be something to it.

LA might be the only team I agree with.

Nashville, NYR, and Pittsburgh have been nothing special in development.

Technically the Hawks developed Crow, Raanta, and Darling in the past 6 years.

Washington is the best at it imo.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Are there any free agent goalies who look promising? Whether in NA or Europe?
Lankinen was a UFA and we just signed him. Definitely one of the best options out there (had the best save percentage in Liiga this past season), but we'll have to see how he adapts over here. Last year, Delia was a UFA and he's been great so far.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Question for all that have bothered keeping tabs on this weeks prospect camp, did Boqvist's performance convince you that he might be closer to NHL ready than his previous time table of 2-3 years?

Because all of the clips that I saw and what I saw in the game today leads me to believe that he could be in the NHL next year. He's undersized and you could clearly see it at times, but if he puts on 15-20lbs of muscle over the next year, I see no reason that he can't at least make things interesting (ala Jokiharju).

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Question for all that have bothered keeping tabs on this weeks prospect camp, did Boqvist's performance convince you that he might be closer to NHL ready than his previous time table of 2-3 years?

Because all of the clips that I saw and what I saw in the game today leads me to believe that he could be in the NHL next year. He's undersized and you could clearly see it at times, but if he puts on 15-20lbs of muscle over the next year, I see no reason that he can't at least make things interesting (ala Jokiharju).

Yes, I think he has the tools to play in NHL next year if he gets stronger in next season. He is that good what I saw and the way game is played suits him perfectly.

I think Blackhawks also wanted to make Boqvist’s jump to NHL little bit faster by putting him to London where he gets proper training. In Sweden and Europe anyways teams dont practise that much and at least what I’ve heard, in CHL and junior leagues players train a lot.

He will make everything interesting next year, Mitchell will be there too to mix it up and Jokiharju should be a lock next summer if he gets icetime this season and he probably will. The thing is, all three wont have spot and I think that is the reason why I think Boqvist makes the big jump in the middle of next season as earliest because of injuries. Most likely at 2019-20 he is ready as Mitchell and Jokiharju have hopefully both made to the regular roster.

Gosh it gets interesting in next couple years. You never know what will happen.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Based on tweets, breakdowns and my scrimmage watching.
+ Maksimovich, Wise, Beaudin, Fortin, Boqvist, Gilbert
so so Jokiharju, Mitchell, Krys
-Tuulola, drafted goalies

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Based on tweets, breakdowns and my scrimmage watching.
+ Maksimovich, Wise, Beaudin, Fortin, Boqvist, Gilbert
so so Jokiharju, Mitchell, Krys
-Tuulola, drafted goalies

HJ, Mitchell, and Krys were all rather good. HJ and Mitchell more so than Krys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad