Gabrus
Gostev
Zuyev
Karakulko
Magaletsky
Savritsky
(all Belarus U20 NTDP)
Martynyuk (Kunlun Red Star, MHL)
Sokolovsky (Dinamo Molodechno, Belarus Extraleague)
Deryabin (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)

Forwards
Anisimov
Astashevich
Baltruk
Bovbel
Grinkevich
Ivanovsky
Lukashevich
Malashchenko
Nikolayev
Pischuk
Ryadchenko
Filyayev
(all Belarus U20 NTDP)
Drozdov
Litvinov
(both Yunost Minsk, Extraleague)
Sharangovich (Dinamo Minsk, KHL)

Players from North American leagues are expected to join the camp on December 16th, but yet weren't named. Most likely it's
Defensemen
Yeryomenko (Calgary Hitmen, WHL)
Sapego (Prince Albert Raiders, WHL) injuried
Forwards
Martynov (Victoria Royals, WHL)
Mikhalchuk (Prince George Cougars, WHL)
Sushko (Owen Sound Attack, OHL)
and very probably Azhgirey (Prince George Cougars, WHL)

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Players to look at:

Yegor Sharangovich, recently became a KHL's Dinamo Minsk second line and PP-unit player. Quite poor statistics (4+6 in 39 games) for a top-6 forward but he started the season in checking-lines and poor statistics is the problem the whole team suffers.

Maksim Sushko, the OHL's Owen Sound Attack second best goal scorer with 24 (15+9) points in 26 games.

Vladislav Yeryomenko, the WHL's Calgary Hitmen top-line defenseman and second best points leader with 24 (6+18) points in 29 games.

Alexander Lukashevich, NTDP team best scorer with 24 (14+10) points in 25 games.

Gennadi Malashchenko, not the scoring leader but most of his goals he scored in games vs Extraleague top teams.

Last edited:

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I don't know if Sapego will be going, he looks to be out for awhile, which is a loss on the back end for them.

Other than Sapego not being there, they have a pretty good team for them, did alright at the U-18's last year, the hothouse U-20 team does pretty well in the pro league, led offensively by Lukashevich and Anisimov, near PPG's, but it's a different story playing vs. local men than playing the best U-20's in the world. Sushko, Philly pick and near PPG in the OHL, Yeryomenko a near PPG D man in the WHL, Martynov and Mikhalchuk are other decent forwards in the CHL. Martynyuk is talented on the back end in the MHL. Sharangovich looks to lead the way for forwards at least and at center, as he plays full time in the KHL. Goaliewise, Grishenko looks to be at least somewhat solid, plays for the hothouse team, but will of course really be tested at this level.

Reactions: Pan

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Players to look at:

Yegor Sharangovich, recently became a KHL's Dinamo Minsk second line and PP-unit player. Quite poor statistics (4+6 in 39 games) for a top-6 forward but he started the season in checking-lines and poor statistics is the problem the whole team suffers.

Maksim Sushko, the OHL's Owen Sound Attack second best goal scorer with 24 (15+9) points in 26 games.

Vladislav Yeryomenko, the WHL's Calgary Hitmen top-line defenseman and second best points leader with 24 (6+18) points in 29 games.

Alexander Lukashevich, NTDP team best scorer with 24 (14+10) points in 25 games.

Gennadi Malashchenko, not the scoring leader but most of his goals he scored in games vs Extraleague leaders.

I wouldn't say those are poor stats or a player of his age, esp. the team he's on.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
Deryabin has played just 1 KHL game, spent most of his time with the U20 team.

I think they have a decent chance to beat the Swiss, perhaps even do more, but they have to play the Swiss the day after they face Sweden, so will it be good for them or not, it's also the 2nd day of the event, so the rele game comes early.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
I wouldn't say those are poor stats or a player of his age, esp. the team he's on.
I just meant poor stats for a top-6 and pp-squad forward. Getting there is obviously an upfront for him, but he's doing quite well though.
Far as I can tell Azhgirey is not going there.
I agree but at least he is definitely going to get a chance in the camp.

Scouter

Oct 21, 2007
I just meant poor stats for a top-6 and pp-squad forward. Getting there is obviously an upfront for him, but he's doing quite well though.

I agree but at least he is definitely going to get a chance in the camp.

I meant that I don't see him as being in camp.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
I think this team is going to surprise some people, really looking forward to watching
I agree, If their coach will make them play coherent hockey, they should be surviving if not doing more.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
If their coach will make them play coherent hockey
Most of them have been playing together for half a year, some even longer. Hopefully they had enough time for that. What I am worried about is they are hardly ready for speed they will face.

Last edited:

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Pre-tournament games:
Dec. 18 vs Buffalo Jr. Sabres.
Dec. 20 vs USA U20.
Dec. 21 vs Slovakia U20.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
Lineup for tonight's game vs Buffalo Jr. Sabres.

Ryadchenko - Litvinov - Bovbel
Ivanovsky - Grinkevich - Astashevich
Lukashevich - Anisimov - Malashchenko
Mikhalchuk - Filyayev - Nikolayev

Martynyuk - Deryabin
Sokolovsky - Burovtsev
Gostev - Gabrus
Magaletsky - Savritsky

Grischenko (Rodik)

Not dressed: Martynov, Drozdov, Yeryomenko, Sushko, Sharangovich, Tolopilo.

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk
5-0
1 Filyayev (Nikolayev, Mikhalchuk)
2 Bovbel (Ryadchenko)
3 Lukashevich (Burovtsev, Malashchenko)
4 Litvinov (Bovbel, Ryadchenko)
5 Nikolayev

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Nice confidence builder even if it only Jr Sabres. I remember our boys dropping games against worse opponents in exhibition games prior WJC.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Jr.Sabres missed 4 breakaways and 3 2on1's. was 1-0 game into the 2nd. If BJS didn't switch goalies halfway through it probably would've been closer. and obviously if they capitalized on their odd man rushes.

Also, #5 is sick dman

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Jr.Sabres missed 4 breakaways and 3 2on1's. was 1-0 game into the 2nd. If BJS didn't switch goalies halfway through it probably would've been closer. and obviously if they capitalized on their odd man rushes.

Also, #5 is sick dman
I believe you mean Dmitri Deryabin, he got 2 game KHL trial not long ago. Also the wole first line for Belarus was not playing. But yeah, I'm just speaking based on the game protocol obviously 5:0 scoreline could be misleading me.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I believe you mean Dmitri Deryabin, he got 2 game KHL trial not long ago. Also the wole first line for Belarus was not playing. But yeah, I'm just speaking based on the game protocol obviously 5:0 scoreline could be misleading me.

Yup that's who i meant. I asked some of the boys after if belarus had anyone they thought was sick and they all said #5 the Dman.

oh i know. It's funny i work with the coach for the junior sabres so i was literally in this thread looking at who the top scorers and better players are and texting him lol. I was like sushko and that one defensemen are out but if 9,12 and 14 together that's probably the top line, which they were together and then i was texting him #5 played a couple KHL games etc... so he's probably good lol.

But yeah basically it was anybodies game until the 3rd when belarus poured it on

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY

Jamestown, New York - The United States National Junior Team faces Belarus tonight in its first pre-tournament game ahead of the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship. Puck drop is set for 7:00 pm ET here at Northwest Arena in Jamestown, New York.

The game will be LIVE streamed for a fee on HockeyTV.com with LIVE updates available on @USAHOCKEY Twitter. (LaxSabre - Amy Moritz, a Buffalo News sports writer, will also be providing LIVE updates. You can follow her on Twitter at @amymoritz)

The United States will enter the 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship as hosts and defending gold medalists while Belarus, which last competed in the 2016 IIHF World Junior Championship, returns to the tournament stage after winning last year's Division I tournament.

The Series: United States vs Belarus -
All-time, the United States is 3-0-0-1 (W-OTW-OTL-L) against Belarus. The two teams last met on December 29, 2004, when the United States fell to Belarus 5-3 in preliminary-round play of the 2005 IIHF World Junior Championship in Thief River Falls, North Dakota. Phil Kessel (Madison, Wisconsin) Drew Stafford (Milwaukee, Wisconsin) and Mike Brown (Northbrook, Illinois) each scored for the United States.

Rest Of The Game Preview - United States Faces Belarus In Pre-Tournament Game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->