2019 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
Continue here.

Previous Threads:

Around the League II: https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ague-ii-dorion-got-what-for-karlsson.2540625/

Around the League III: 2018 Around the League III: The OTT players said WHAT?

Last post in previous thread:

Dahlin's not winning it because Pettersson is having a otherworldly rookie season. In most seasons, Dahlin's probably winning it, like we saw Ekblad winning with a sub-40 point season over Gaudreau and Stone, who both put up 60+ point seasons. Pettersson, however, is at a 90-point/82 game pace, playing with middle-6 wingers and mediocre offensive defensemen for most of the season.

No offense to Dahlin, but if both players keep up their current production, this should be a runaway for Pettersson.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
There goes our opportunity to get a franchise coach.

Great pick up by Philly.
So you're suggesting the team should have fired Green less than halfway through his second season simply because another coach became available? That doesn't happen. Hockey teams aren't run that way. You know that as well as I do.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
So you're suggesting the team should have fired Green less than halfway through his second season simply because another coach became available? That doesn't happen. Hockey teams aren't run that way. You know that as well as I do.

A lot of coaches get fired after they lose 12 out of 13 games.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
A lot of coaches get fired after they lose 12 out of 13 games.
Under these circumstances, with a rebuilding team, early in their second season and on the heels of a very hot start, no, they don't. Again, you know this. You're pretending not to in order to push a narrative that the current management is always, invariably wrong, which is false. Everyone reading this thread understands this.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Under these circumstances, with a rebuilding team, early in their second season and on the heels of a very hot start, no, they don't. Again, you know this. You're pretending not to in order to push a narrative that the current management is always, invariably wrong, which is false. Everyone reading this thread understands this.

Nah, I feel we should copy the Leafs model. It's not complicated really.
Get a franchsie coach while tanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad