GDT: 2018 ALWC - Oakland A's at New York Yankees - 10/3 8:05 PM

Who wins?

• Total voters

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I'm very confused why people are so anti-bullpen game

I'm not anti-bullpen game. I am however, anti-starting a guy who was DFA'd during the season to open the bullpen game.

On paper the idea makes sense; hitters can't get into a rhythm and are constantly being screwed with because of different pitching deliveries, etc It's ballsy compared to conventional wisdom, but in theory it's not really dumb.

Should have went with one of their starters and just keep him in for 1-2 innings then go to the pen

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This is far from over. Oakland is really good.

If this is April or May Severino it’s over but given the amount of innings the guy has thrown the last 18 months I don’t thihk we are going to see that guy much for a year or two

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
Severino is dialed in. Major change of pace compared to what he looked like in last year's wild card game.
Yanks made right decision like I thought they did. Michael Kay made a good analogy for the Yankees standpoint last week on his radio show along the lines of "Do you choose the Lamborghini (Severino) that's been sputtering as late, or do you go with the efficient, steady Altima (Happ/Tanaka)? You're always gonna choose the Lambo".

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i'm just happy its only a 2 run deficit

confident the A's bats will come around soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad