Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
giphy.gif

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
It's about time. Only been like 20 freaking years. Can we get a draft too please if it's not too much to ask?

I think the draft should happen once the Vinik/Cascade development is mostly operational. It's more of a business event than a fan one. Especially Day 2.

All those players, families, media, and hockey people buying food, drinks, general merchandise, patronizing the hotels, etc.

Also it would sell the draft class a bit on wanting to join TB at some point later in their careers if the opportunity presents itself because they had those (hopefully positive) experiences in the Waterfront District since they'll probably have a chance to wander a bit. It's not a road trip with the team or something where they see their bus, hotel, and rink, and that's all. The June draft date could also function as an excuse for a Tampa vacation for those families. They go back to Canada or wherever and possibly tell their friends about how nice Tampa was. Some of them will be hockey parents themselves. And the cycle continues.

But we've got to make sure TB leaves a great impression on people. I'm not sure that having the ASG in Jan/Feb 2018 is going to do that for away fans, but if they play to the strengths of the parking craters with street hock, food trucks, and so on, TB can probably get away with it.

Last edited:

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Finally have it back. I went the last time it was here so I'm looking forward to it. :)

And yes, draft now, please!

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
I went to the draft in 2015 (in Sunrise). Awesome experience.

Want proof? Here's me with Mitch Marner.

View attachment 95547

(This was before I had flow ad I also still had a baby face)

Oh wait I still have a baby face, just now I have a slight mustache and some serious flow.

Last edited:

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I went to the draft in 2015 (in Sunrise). Awesome experience.

Want proof? Here's me with Mitch Marner.

View attachment 95547

(This was before I had flow ad I also still had a baby face)

Oh wait I still have a baby face, just now I have a slight mustache and some serious flow.

Two of the most awkward smiles I've ever seen.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...reflects-jeff-viniks-vision-for-tampa/2325535

"He's bullish on the area, he believes in it, and who's to blame him? It's awesome," said Steve Mayer, the NHL's director of special events. "He's fought hard for anything that we could bring to Tampa, and we as a league are really excited to be there. We're going to join forces (with Gasparilla) and hopefully make this one of Tampa's greatest weekends ever."

The market has evolved. Mayer said Tampa is also a candidate for a future outdoor game.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Hahahahaha it's too hot! Dumb suits!

Let's have a game at Cat Bowser's castle while we're at it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad