GDT: 2018 ALDS: (AL4) New York Yankees vs. (AL1) Boston Red Sox

Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Damn Price really does suck in the playoffs. I recall him having one great start I think against Kansas City and he got blown up in the 7th or 8th after he had given up one hit through the first 20 something batters

I think all pitchers aside from Sale.
May very well suck vs this lineup

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Damn Price really does suck in the playoffs. I recall him having one great start I think against Kansas City and he got blown up in the 7th or 8th after he had given up one hit through the first 20 something batters

It's a snowball thing for him. If you could keep him stable all throughout you'd likely get a good start out of him. But the moment the slightest tinge of something goes wrong? Open the floodgates.

Funny how he has two wins as a pitcher in the playoffs, one of which coming 10 years as a rookie thrown into close game 7 of the ALCS.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I think all pitchers aside from Sale.
May very well suck vs this lineup

Good pitching will beat good hitting most of the time. I know deGrom shut them down this year when he faced them. The problem come October is many of these guys are out of gas these days as they just aren’t built for 250 innings anymore. The Sox Astros and Indians babied Kluber and Keuchel and Sale this year a bit to lower the innings and Kluber still got beat up a bit in his first start

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Good pitching will beat good hitting most of the time. I know deGrom shut them down this year when he faced them. The problem come October is many of these guys are out of gas these days as they just aren’t built for 250 innings anymore. The Sox Astros and Indians babied Kluber and Keuchel and Sale this year a bit to lower the innings and Kluber still got beat up a bit in his first start

It depends on the hitters and the pitchers.
There are some hitters that are so clutch that even good pitchers can't get them. The same goes for clutch pitchers.
Ex..Price not clutch
Kershaw imo not clutch
Verlander clutch
Etc..
I felt the sox had the edge in this series but wouldn't surprise me least bit if Yanks not only win but take the next 3

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It depends on the hitters and the pitchers.
There are some hitters that are so clutch that even good pitchers can't get them. The same goes for clutch pitchers.
Ex..Price not clutch
Kershaw imo not clutch
Verlander clutch
Etc..
I felt the sox had the edge in this series but wouldn't surprise me least bit if Yanks not only win but take the next 3

I still don’t like either team against someone like Houston or LA. Those teams have 2 dominant shutdown starters. The Yankees should have gone all in on MadBum

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Yeah game 2 of the ALCS, he was REALLY pitching well that game then one little hick up caused a massive choke job from Price..Kansas City stormed all the way back and won it.

Price has the mental game of Roberto Luongo, when one screw up happens in the post season...the snowball effect starts and he can not recover from it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad