NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Wild Card Round: (4) Baltimore Ravens vs (5) Los Angeles Chargers

bal or lac

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Didn't take long for the Flacco talk to start. Lamar hasn't been good but it's early and this is what got them here. The INT was bit high but a WR should usually catch it if he gets two hands on it.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Fair point, chargers have a great d as well. Ravens don’t really have the receivers to create easy gains either imo.

That's the biggest issue. The Chargers know that and are playing 3 safeties to take away the rookie tight ends. It wouldn't hurt the Ravens to use tempo. They are playing way too methodical.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
If Jackson is going to miss passes, he might as well miss them deep so when he connects he gets 40yards instead of 4. Trying these short passes into tight windows isn't working.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Didn't take long for the Flacco talk to start. Lamar hasn't been good but it's early and this is what got them here. The INT was bit high but a WR should usually catch it if he gets two hands on it.
Yeah I'm hearing the same thing. They can still go to Flacco any time they want. But offensively how they got here was more about what Jackson's strengths were in a ball-control offense.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Chargers will be content to just keep kicking field goals until the Ravens prove they can move the ball. Dynamically, that in-essence shortens the field for them.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
it was obvious chargers D was going to make some changes after they let the ravens run all over them a few weeks ago

and it looks like they've finally found a legit kicker. really wouldn't be surprised to see flacco come in. the chargers just saw jackson recently and they've made the necessary changes

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I would keep Jackson in there but get him out of the pocket more. Open up some running lanes for him and hope guys can get open downfield. Try at least one deep attempt to Brown and some things with a bit more depth to Andrews.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
if you're going to keep jackson in (which i have no problem with) then create some plays for him or make sure he targets the TEs

the backs haven't been able to do anything whereas lamar has had a few good runs

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
12 pt game at halftime with a 21 yr old rookie QB starting his first playoff game under an OC who has no clue how to use him

i'll cut lamar some slack. harbaugh going with flacco in the 2nd half wouldn't surprise me but if anyone thinks he can come in and lead the ravens to a win they haven't watched him play in a while

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->