NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Wild Card Round: (4) Baltimore Ravens vs (5) Los Angeles Chargers

bal or lac

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Ingram was the MVP of that game.

I'm glad Harbaugh stuck with Jackson throughout. You have to think of the team and not just one individual but I highly doubt Flacco would've done better against that pass rush so leave Jackson in and let him learn from this. I get the frustration but booing whenever he came on the field in the second half and the sarcastic cheers when he completed a pass for a first down was a bit much for the future of your franchise. I think the future is still bright for both him and the team, even though he was really bad today and clearly has a lot to work on.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
This was the day of reckoning for Lamar Jackson. Chargers already saw him and it paid off. He has the advantage when you haven't seen him. He couldn't do anything today until the Chargers went into prevent D. I don't give a flying f*** about stats but the game has become "fantasized" and people would look at his stats and say not bad, yeah they had -2 passing yards with 9 minutes left in the game. He made one throw on 4th down on the second TD drive but I think the defender missed on his timing, it was a ball he probably could have knocked down if he really had to. The only reason that play happened is because he moved around with his feet. His feet are his weapon. He's not accurate at all though. I think he' a poor man's Tyrod Taylor. Tyrod doesn't have the fumbling issues and atleast tries to stay in the pocket. This guy is pure;y run first.

I'm not a big Flacco fan and I thought his conttract was super Pejorative Slured. I agree he's not the future but I don't think Jackson is either. Harbaugh only put him in to save his job as a last ditch prayer. It worked for 7 weeks. I know they say he's coming back, as much as I hate that family, they aren't stupid, I think he knows he can't really win with him and I wouldn't be shocked if he atleast now fielded offers now that he's technically a free agent

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
It won't cost him his job. They literally just extended him 2 weeks ago.

I actually think it did, but not cost, I just think it verified to him the truth. This team with an aging D and one dimensional offense cant win it all with a QB like that. He put in Jackon to save his job, he did that, he can sell what he did this year to someone over a firing although since the SB years ago they haven't done shit.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
But other than Brady, the Pats don't have any real roster advantages over the Chargers.

The Bolts have beaten better teams with better roster personnel.

Career wise he's better, I think Rivers is a better QB in the present though. I mean it's almost a wash for me.

Gostkowski might be the better kicker although he does have some memorable misses I suppose.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Flaccid would have got destroyed behind this o line. Great call by harbaugh to leave in Jackson, just should have gone to up tempo offence way earlier. Stuck with what wasn’t working for too long.

Chargers D played soft. They could afford to up 20. It took a miracle fluke play to keep the 2nd TD drive going.

Up tempo or not they couldn't block, he couldn't throw or hang on to the ball. It's hard to go up tempo when you're losing yards.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Interesting wrinkle I saw today about guessing why Jackson finished the game. The Ravens didn't put Flscco out because they didn't want to risk him getting injured and being unable to cut him this offseason.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Interesting wrinkle I saw today about guessing why Jackson finished the game. The Ravens didn't put Flscco out because they didn't want to risk him getting injured and being unable to cut him this offseason.

I guess that could be so, nobody is trading for that contract so release is their only hope. I still am not convinced Jackson is a better option though and i'm not even that big on Flacco.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
yeah you can't blame the fans for booing lamar. even though flacco would have gotten absolutely murdered out there behind that awful o-line

hopefully he just uses it as fuel for his fire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad