NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Divisional Round: (2) New England Patriots vs (5) Los Angeles Chargers

nelac

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Especially considering that this is NOT in Foxboro.

These Patriots have only won the AFC CG in 2 cities- Pittsburgh and Foxboro
That makes sense considering they usually have home field throughout the playoffs.

Should be a great game

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting a game like this today. I was confident and pumped all week, but was still pretty nervous.

Next week will be much different.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The last time the Patriots were on the road, they looked anything like this.

It is truly night and day how they play at and away from Foxboro. They can lose on the road to Blake Bortles, Stafford, Mariota. Yet they can practically do no wrong at home ever.

Their last AFC road win? January 2005, Pittsburgh.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
The last time the Patriots were on the road, they looked anything like this.

It is truly night and day how they play at and away from Foxboro. They can lose on the road to Blake Bortles, Stafford, Mariota. Yet they can practically do no wrong at home ever.

Their last AFC road win? January 2005, Pittsburgh.
It was actually 2007 @ the Chargers

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
So now we can say that week 14 sequence with the Miami Miracle and Mahomes’ 4th and 9 was the difference between next week’s game being at Foxboro for the 800th time and at Arrowhead for once,

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I am counting down the days until Brady and Belichick are gone forever.

How much damn longer are we gonna have to put up with this guy?

Reactions: Habsawce

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Not a chance

That they retire that is.

I think they do. The last thing you want to do is go out being embarrassed. Too many guys have done that. It would be awful to see a guy like Brady suddenly lose it and become inept because that’s typically how it happens. You come back the next season and it’s gone, you lose it overnight when it goes. It would be a crappy ending to see him go 12-25 48% and the team be 4-12 as opposed to going out a champion.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
If they win this year both are gone

Feels like they’re going to try and keep on going until they get that last SB.

Although I think a case could be made they could have gone out with a flourish after 28-3.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Feels like they’re going to try and keep on going until they get that last SB.

Although I think a case could be made they could have gone out with a flourish after 28-3.

They should get it if they get there. I’m not convinced the Philly mojo can keep going that far and I don’t think they’d have any problems with New Orleans or LA to be honest. They match up well against both. I’m not sure about KC though. That may be one of those games New England is the better team but those small home team edges result in KC winning it

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
They should get it if they get there. I’m not convinced the Philly mojo can keep going that far and I don’t think they’d have any problems with New Orleans or LA to be honest. They match up well against both. I’m not sure about KC though. That may be one of those games New England is the better team but those small home team edges result in KC winning it

The Patriots are a different team on the road,

Outside of the retrospectively good win at Chicago, the Pats on the road this season....

Lose at Jacksonville
Lose at Detroit
Lose at Tennessee
Struggle with the Jets
Buffalo game was close going into the 4th quarter, 1 offensive touchdown
Miami Miracle

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
I think they do. The last thing you want to do is go out being embarrassed. Too many guys have done that. It would be awful to see a guy like Brady suddenly lose it and become inept because that’s typically how it happens. You come back the next season and it’s gone, you lose it overnight when it goes. It would be a crappy ending to see him go 12-25 48% and the team be 4-12 as opposed to going out a champion.

Brady effectively chased Grappolo out of town because Bill was going to replace him and Brady thinks he can still play at a high level. If he up and retires after doing that then he would be the biggest dick in the world. I just dont see him doing that. Kraft stuck his neck out for Brady, Brady in return wont screw him over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad