NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Divisional Round: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (6) Indianapolis Colts

kcind

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
What about 'em

You forgot to mention them as one of KC's tough home games.

That week 14 game, which was overshadowed by the Miami Miracle, I think was the best game this seeason.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You forgot to mention them as one of KC's tough home games.

That week 14 game, which was overshadowed by the Miami Miracle, I think was the best game this seeason.

Way better than Chiefs and Rams. To knock it though Baltimore doesn't exactly have a strong offense to boot. It's a very one dimensional run based offense. If they break 20 its a miracle.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The Colts also beat them in like 04 or something in the divisional round at KC.

It's hard to believe 06 was the year the Colts won it all. Far from their best Manning team and it came a year after an EPIC COLLAPSE blowing an amazing year by losing to the Steelers.

Record wasnt the best but I'd argue it was easily one of the best Manning era teams we had, probably the best. Defense was actually pretty good for a change, offense was more or less the same.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Really liked the 05 squad but I guess 06 really would be just another year of seasoning down.

I forgot how good that 05 team was but, yeah, I'd still take the next year's squad. Defense was great when Sanders was healthy and Booger was a majorly needed addition.

As for this one, getting a bit nervous about how many are hopping on the Colts bandwagon but then again I'm not sure I had that much confidence in the first place. The D's been great down the stretch but hasn't faced a test like this, and while the Chiefs D kinda stinks, offense has been way too inconsistent this year to count on them to survive a shootout. Either way, this team wasnt supposed to be here for another year or two so I cant complain.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Lucks seems to be in a world of his own at the moment and because of that I ain't betting against him. Colts win but I think it will be close.

Mahomes time will comes just not this year.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Indy is smoke and mirrors.

Their “hot streak” is a product of playing an easy schedule with pedestrian QB’s. It’s like Luck a few years ago- light it up against the lesser likes.

Colts are in for a rude awakening on Saturday.

Chiefs by 10+

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

Their “hot streak” is a product of playing an easy schedule with pedestrian QB’s. It’s like Luck a few years ago- light it up against the lesser likes.

Chiefs by 10+

Outside of LA Week 1 who did KC beat worth my time? Baltimore a one dimensional offense and BARELY.

Just saying.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Outside of LA Week 1 who did KC beat worth my time? Baltimore a one dimensional offense and BARELY.

Just saying.
Chiefs played the 10th hardest schedule in the league. People forget now, but the Jags were 3-1 and considered a Super Bowl favorite with a win over the Pats when the Chiefs beat them. That was absolutely an impressive win at the time. Its only through hindsight that the win wasn't impressive.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Yeah Mahomes looks good so far. I haven't seen him as much and I usually root against KC. But no question Mahomes has had an impressive season. This is probably a match up of the two best QBs this season. Is that correct?

Brees, Mahomes and Rivers were the best QB's I think. Luck was great, but took a bit to get going. Definitely the comeback player of the year though imo.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Brees, Mahomes and Rivers were the best QB's I think. Luck was great, but took a bit to get going. Definitely the comeback player of the year though imo.
All 4 of those guys were good. Statistically I think Luck stands up to those other guys (apart from Mahomes who is on a different planet).

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I forgot how good that 05 team was but, yeah, I'd still take the next year's squad. Defense was great when Sanders was healthy and Booger was a majorly needed addition.

As for this one, getting a bit nervous about how many are hopping on the Colts bandwagon but then again I'm not sure I had that much confidence in the first place. The D's been great down the stretch but hasn't faced a test like this, and while the Chiefs D kinda stinks, offense has been way too inconsistent this year to count on them to survive a shootout. Either way, this team wasnt supposed to be here for another year or two so I cant complain.

That 2005 squad was a really great team.
Manning had a 'down' year by his standards and he still made First Team All Pro.
Edgerrin James had his last 1500 rushing yard season.
Harrison and Wayne had 1000+ yard receiving seasons.
Sanders and Freeney made All Pro as well.

Started off 13-0, finished 14-2.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California

Personally think no other QB is playing as well as Luck is right now. That's what matters.

Reactions: Tuggy

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
All 4 of those guys were good. Statistically I think Luck stands up to those other guys (apart from Mahomes who is on a different planet).

I only say no to Luck because I was paying more attention than normal, as I drafted him as my fantasy QB. He took a while to find his arm strength and rhythm but he was really good down the stretch.

Side note: strength of schedule really benefited the Colts and Luck down the stretch as well. Plus he has probably the best OLine in football right now, which is a gigantic bonus.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Here's a clear display from the genius schemes Matt Eberflus has brought to Indy.

I'm not being sarcastic about this, he's the real MVP of this team. He's given careers on silver platters to players who were never going to reach that kind of potential before his arrival.

Moore and Desir were scrubs, Wilson was terrible, Hunt and Autry were bench players, and the list goes on and on. They're all top tier starters now.

Check out @danorlovsky7’s Tweet:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

Chiefs by 10+
We've heard that all season long.

They managed to beat the 2 hottest teams that week of the matchup in Dallas and Houston. They haven't let 1 single RB get 100 yards from scrimmage all year. Sure, the schedule was favorable, but what else can they do but dominate 9-1 in the last 10 games (that 1 loss was 6-0 against Jacksonville, a fluke game offensively) to prove they're legit?

Is Watt and Clowney not getting a single sack in a playoff game smoke and mirrors too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad