NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Divisional Round: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (6) Indianapolis Colts

kcind

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Chiefs are due just as Washington was due against the Penguins.

Colts haven't played a great offense during their hot streak. I think their great defense is a little overrated because they've feasted on a weak schedule.

At some point, KC HAS to win a playoff home game.

At some point, the football gods are going to throw the Chiefs a bone........ right?

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The only thing concerning me is the Chiefs defense, as much as their high octane offense won’t be a problem...that defense is a hot mess.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Whatever the outcome, i think this has a high potential of being the game of the year.

I just don't understand the love affair for a game where theres no defense or fundamentals and they are just throwing up and down the field continuously. Rams and Chiefs was not entertaining. I turned it off at halftimr figuring whoever had the ball last would win.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I just don't understand the love affair for a game where theres no defense or fundamentals and they are just throwing up and down the field continuously. Rams and Chiefs was not entertaining. I turned it off at halftimr figuring whoever had the ball last would win.
Interesting that that's not at all how it went down

Reactions: Amerika

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Interesting that that's not at all how it went down

Rams had a 13 point lead or something, blew it, and got a fumble stop to end the game. But they had to score to get that lead to force that fumble, no? So while it maybe wasn't last possession wins, it was a late score. I know it's not exactly the same thing but it's not far off. Regardless I don't find 54-51 exciting. A score on almost every drive.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I forgot about their 2006 Wild Card match up.

The Colts entered the playoffs with the worst run defense in the league, Chiefs had the workhorse in Larry Johnson. Indy went onto beat them in a really tough game, they limited Johnson to 32 rushing yards as the Chiefs really didn't have any offense outside of Johnson/Gonzalez/Kennison.

Also, Bob Sanders came back for the playoff run..he played lights out for them.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY

The Colts entered the playoffs with the worst run defense in the league, Chiefs had the workhorse in Larry Johnson. Indy went onto beat them in a really tough game, they limited Johnson to 32 rushing yards as the Chiefs really didn't have any offense outside of Johnson/Gonzalez/Kennison.

Bob Sanders might be one of the biggest "what ifs" in NFL history. Decades from now people will go through the DPOY lists, see all the HOF names until they see 2007 and it'll be "who?" reaction. He even missed a game that season also.

Booger McFarland's performance during that SB run should be mentioned also, for those 4 games Colts had a beast in the middle of DL.

Last edited:
Reactions: Il Mediano

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
The defences both played awesome in that game. There were 3 defensive TDs and another Rams TD was set up by a fumble deep in Chiefs territory. So basically 28 points scored by the defence. I can only conclude you didn't watch the game if you think the defences didn't show up.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Chiefs defence at home vs on the road this year is a massive gap.

upload_2019-1-8_12-2-48.png

Reactions: Habsawce

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Bob Sanders might be one of the biggest "what ifs" in NFL history. Decades from now people will go through the DPOY lists, see all the HOF names until they see 2007 and it'll be "who?" reaction. He even missed a game that season also.

Booger McFarland's performance during that SB run should be mentioned also, for those 4 games Colts had a beast in the middle of DL.

From 2005-2007, outside of Ed Reed and Troy Polomalu...Bob Sanders one of the best safeties in the game.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

The Colts also beat them in like 04 or something in the divisional round at KC.

It's hard to believe 06 was the year the Colts won it all. Far from their best Manning team and it came a year after an EPIC COLLAPSE blowing an amazing year by losing to the Steelers.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Chiefs had a lot more tougher road games than home games as well. They got the Jags, Cardinals, and Bengals at home and Patriots, Rams, and Seahawks on the road

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->