NFL GDT: 2018 AFC Championship Game: (1) Kansas City Chiefs vs (2) New England Patriots

kcne

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Picking and rooting for the Patriots because I'm a fan, but confidence isn't super high winning in Arrowhead.
No confident either, but I cant count them out. They just rolled a great team in the Chargers. Arrowhead is gunna be really tough, they should be working on their silent snap count for this game

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
These Pats have only won an AFC CG outside of Foxboro in one other place- Pittsburgh. Lost at Indy, twice at Denver

Brady is so used to playing in January at home. He is 3-4 in the playoffs outside of Foxboro,

Plus, I think the fact KC got the Arrowhead playoff monkey off their back means they won’t play tight. Maybe A little looser. They won’t have that weighing them down for once IMO,

Probably not the most perfect example, but I think back to the 2005 NFC CG somewhat:

Seattle had not won a playoff game in 21 years, then got that monkey off their back.

They faced a Carolina team that was basically the same team which had made the Super Bowl 2 years prior but were arguably better (+132 point differential, Steve Smith led in every WR category, Delhimme had better numbers, came off a convincing playoff win vs a talented Bears team ).

The Seahawks won.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
If this was in Foxboro i'd pick the Pats but not by much

In Arrowhead however i have to pick the Chiefs .Mahomes is a beast and i'm not sure the Pats defense will be able to stop the Chiefs offense I'm an hardcore Pats fan but logically i have to go with KC on this one

In any case this should be a great fun game. The one in week 6 sure was (43-40)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Chiefs

It's probably gonna be ugly defensively but the Pats defense doesn't have the horses to keep up with guys like Mahomes and Hill.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Chiefs D was shockingly good vs Indy but Pats should still be able to pick them apart no problem. Still go with the Chiefs in a shootout at home though.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I would like to see the Chiefs pound the Pats into the ground so hard that the dynasty is over for good. That's probably not going to happen though so I'll take any kind of victory.

Pats had to walk off with a field goal in Foxboro earlier with Mahomes playing the worst half of football of his career. I think being in Arrowhead is going to change things.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Chiefs D was shockingly good vs Indy but Pats should still be able to pick them apart no problem. Still go with the Chiefs in a shootout at home though.

With a worse offensive line and a less mobile QB?

Brady is not what he is outside of Foxboro or neutral sites in January. At least this decade

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
With a worse offensive line and a less mobile QB?

Brady is not what he is outside of Foxboro or neutral sites in January. At least this decade

I can certainly see KC being favored but your "less mobile QB" thing is odd. How mobile was Brady in the other 8 AFCCG he's played in? The reasons for picking KC have nothing to do with his mobility. And this Patriot offensive line is better than the one that went to the Super Bowl last year. Finally, his last 3 neutral site games in FEBRUARY have been pretty damn awesome....

Again, home field, diminished Gronk, lack of speed on D... all reasons I think KC should be favored.

But it isn't going to be easy for the Chiefs, and Andy Reid's horrendous clock management skills and Mahomes' tendency for giving the ball away and Julian Edelman and Sony Michel playing so well.... don't throw dirt on the grave just yet.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Going for the Chiefs just so maybe we can get that Rams rematch in the SB. It won't live up to the regular season game but it could still be very fun.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I can certainly see KC being favored but your "less mobile QB" thing is odd. How mobile was Brady in the other 8 AFCCG he's played in? The reasons for picking KC have nothing to do with his mobility. And this Patriot offensive line is better than the one that went to the Super Bowl last year. Finally, his last 3 neutral site games in FEBRUARY have been pretty damn awesome....

Again, home field, diminished Gronk, lack of speed on D... all reasons I think KC should be favored.

But it isn't going to be easy for the Chiefs, and Andy Reid's horrendous clock management skills and Mahomes' tendency for giving the ball away and Julian Edelman and Sony Michel playing so well.... don't throw dirt on the grave just yet.

Its obviously just a comparison to Luck and the Colts and how the Chiefs were able to disrupt them yesterday. If the Chiefs D plays like that then no one should be able to pick them apart no problem.

You'll also note this isnt a neutral site game, maybe the most opposite of that as you'll find in the league, so not sure how that came up.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Its obviously just a comparison to Luck and the Colts and how the Chiefs were able to disrupt them yesterday. If the Chiefs D plays like that then no one should be able to pick them apart no problem.

You'll also note this isnt a neutral site game, maybe the most opposite of that as you'll find in the league, so not sure how that came up.

Sure it's possible KC disrupts the Pats offensive game. It's happened before.
But more often, the Patriots have thwarted pass rush pressure by getting the ball out quickly and by spreading guys out to take advantage.
And obviously I realize next week isn't a neutral site game, but the post I responded to brought up the idea of neutral site games, I was responding to that.

Should be a great game.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Sure it's possible KC disrupts the Pats offensive game. It's happened before.
But more often, the Patriots have thwarted pass rush pressure by getting the ball out quickly and by spreading guys out to take advantage.
And obviously I realize next week isn't a neutral site game, but the post I responded to brought up the idea of neutral site games, I was responding to that.

Should be a great game.

Also something Indy does a lot of. The main point being that after yesterday no one should be saying anyone will be able to pick apart their D in Arrowhead. I also dont know why that guy said neutral, but the larger point was Brady hasnt been very good on the road in January, which checks out.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Interesting stat:
This is the 13th time in 18 years that Brady has played in an AFC title game. That's 76.5%. The odds of Brady playing in an AFC title game are greater than the odds of Lebron James making a free throw (73%)

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Also something Indy does a lot of. The main point being that after yesterday no one should be saying anyone will be able to pick apart their D in Arrowhead. I also dont know why that guy said neutral, but the larger point was Brady hasnt been very good on the road in January, which checks out.

1) Not sure if you realize, but Andrew Luck and Indy aren't the New England Patriots
2) Of course the Patriots are able to pick the KC D apart in Arrowhead. Likely? Maybe not. But they absolutely "can".

Reactions: Voight

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

Michel has had only 1 100-yard game on the road

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad