Prospect Info: Allan McShane (June 1st 2020: Rights Expired)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just watched McShane play vs Hillis from 12-17, Gens won 6-1, he had 2 pts but was very disappointing as he never seems to skate hard and coasts a lot. That said he was good on draws (won 10 of 17), he has good vision as he knows where the open man will be and can hit them with good passes. They had him on the point on the PP, also they only dressed 11 forwards so he was double shifted at times with the 4th line since they didn't have a center.

Hillis was on the PP and PK, was a -2 but played a good defensive game, worked hard and was always around the net. Thought he was one of their best players. Just wish he was a little quicker.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Just watched McShane play vs Hillis from 12-17, Gens won 6-1, he had 2 pts but was very disappointing as he never seems to skate hard and coasts a lot. That said he was good on draws (won 10 of 17), he has good vision as he knows where the open man will be and can hit them with good passes. They had him on the point on the PP, also they only dressed 11 forwards so he was double shifted at times with the 4th line since they didn't have a center.

Hillis was on the PP and PK, was a -2 but played a good defensive game, worked hard and was always around the net. Thought he was one of their best players. Just wish he was a little quicker.

Yeah, his intensity can be underwhelming and and part of it is his skating technique is just brutal. He expands too much energy quickly and just has a hard time keeping up, so he makes up for it by slowing things down or he just lets things happen around him. He's really skilled but man he needs to get better there. He's rarely in proper stance to start with, so he's already a step behind.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal

From the little I saw about McShane, he never really stand out or being dominant but he always do the job and ends up having some points. In the development camp he always find the way to generate offense.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
From the little I saw about McShane, he never really stand out or being dominant but he always do the job and ends up having some points. In the development camp he always find the way to generate offense.
Wasn't that a problem with Vail as a prospect? Never stood out?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he looks skilled for sure, I liked what I saw from him at the U-18's but man does he coast a lot.

Reactions: Fixxer and Maitz

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Wasn't that a problem with Vail as a prospect? Never stood out?

I don't know if that's McShane's problem. He stood out a ton at dev camp to me anyways. Almost every time he had the puck he made something happen. Great with the puck on his stick.

Agree 100%, hope he’ll work on that.

That rarely seems to happen with low effort guys. Where they'll just get a fire lit under their @$$ all of a sudden. I don't have much hope for him though I'm DEFINITELY rooting for him because he's one of the more skilled guys we picked for sure.

Reactions: Maitz

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
4th round pick, 97th OA. Might be a steel like Mete was in the 4th line. I like what I see. 5'-11", 190 lbs center who can skate well, has good puck management skills, and plays a smart game.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
His smarts were never in question, even as a rookie you could see he read the plays quite well. If the rest of his game can catch up to that he'll be a real steal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
4th round pick, 97th OA. Might be a steel like Mete was in the 4th line. I like what I see. 5'-11", 190 lbs center who can skate well, has good puck management skills, and plays a smart game.

his skating doesn't look very good and in the few games i've seen he doesn't move his feet much at all. Not a big fan of his game other then he's clearly very skilled.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
His skating is his biggest question mark. If he fixes that, he will end up being better than what we wanted Hudon to be imo

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
this guy's the most frustrating for me. not because of his play necessarily (never seen him) but that he's so gd skilled but I've got a real good feeling he won't make it. When you're that skilled you should be really racking up the points. Seeing how skilled he was at the summer camp was pretty tantalizing. if he doesn't improve his skating i don't think there's a future for him unfortunately.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
McShane had 2G/1A today and now has 7 goals in his last 8 games. Oshawa recently traded for Anthony Salinitri (Philly pick) and he's now on McShane's line. Giving McShane someone who can keep up with him has really gotten Allan going

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad