Prospect Info: [ 2018 - 71st] Jordan Harris (NCAA - Northeastern University)

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Harris looks great! Love his upside.

Overall, I'm very optimistic regarding our d prospects at the moment...

Brook
Romanov
Struble
Fleury
Harris
Norlinder

Lots of potential in this group.

Plus Mete and Juulsen have great potential. It will be interesting to see what they become.

This feels like when we had at least 8 good prospects in the system: Subban, McDonagh, Emelin, Streit, Weber, O'byrne, Carle, Fischer.

With the current group my feeling is we won't have as high end players as McD and Subban and maybe even Streit. But the 4th, 5th, and 6th best will be better than those of the 2008 group. But who knows, Romanov and Brook have high ceilings. And perhaps many won't pan out...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I expect a progression of Harris at the offensive production level with the departure of Jérémy Davies he will have more time on the power play.

since he barely played on the PP last year, he should get a lot of PP time this year so his numbers should jump up a good bit although we'll see by how much as he hasn't shown much of a shot.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
yes, yes he is. I watched a lot of him last year and I already saw a little of yesterdays game and I'm watching him today. It's a treat just watching him skate.

How does he compare to Mete, in your own opinion?

I don't really get to see many college games these days.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How does he compare to Mete, in your own opinion?

I don't really get to see many college games these days.

very similar, outstanding skater but lacks size, strength, shot. So smart and very good defensively. I haven't seen too much of him this year yet but I will see a lot of him as long as they are doing the free streams again.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
very similar, outstanding skater but lacks size, strength, shot. So smart and very good defensively. I haven't seen too much of him this year yet but I will see a lot of him as long as they are doing the free streams again.

Lol. Wait. His shot is worse than Mete's ?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
the same I guess, he doesn't shoot a lot and I am going off last year. As the season goes on I'll get a lot of looks at him most likely since his home games have always been streamed for free.

We need to get a Cammy type guy to teach these young guys how to shoot. Weber is huge and powerful so wouldnt be the guy.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Same game... probably worse than Mete defensively but Id say he has more creativity.

His hands are a strength from what Ive seen, cant say the same bout Meat

I feel the same about Harris. Great skating D man with offensive vision but has work to do to round up his overall game at both ends!

Get stronger kid! Rest of your game is awesome!

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
At the both zone, Harris follows efficiently any play tho. At the right place. At the right moment.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think his defensive game is better than his offense. He's so swift and efficient in his own end. Needs to work on puck management, offensive creativity, and his shot.

for now it's much better since he didn't get barely any PP time last year it was hard for him to show his offensive game but he did get a lot of TOI and didn't show too much in the way of offense last year. I'm hoping he'll be moved up to the top pairing at some point this year as I think he's their best D as Shea from what the announcers were saying did not have a good game Friday and I don't think he's a top pairing D. Perhaps when Struble is back they will at some point put them together if Struble looks like he can handle the top pairing. If he can get on the top PP, hopefully he can put up some impressive numbers despite not having the big shot.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
for now it's much better since he didn't get barely any PP time last year it was hard for him to show his offensive game but he did get a lot of TOI and didn't show too much in the way of offense last year. I'm hoping he'll be moved up to the top pairing at some point this year as I think he's their best D as Shea from what the announcers were saying did not have a good game Friday and I don't think he's a top pairing D. Perhaps when Struble is back they will at some point put them together if Struble looks like he can handle the top pairing. If he can get on the top PP, hopefully he can put up some impressive numbers despite not having the big shot.
As he been playing Lhd or rhd this season?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He needs to get physically stronger IMO. That is a huge part of being a solid piece at both ends of the ice.

he does need to get stronger but since last season when he turned 18 just a few months before the season started he hasn't been impacted much by a lack of strength due to his smarts and outstanding mobility/skating. He'll need to add strength and mass by the time he goes to the AHL, which could be next year, although with the log jam that could be in Laval, I wouldn't mind him staying for another year since Northeastern is a top program with one of the better coaches in the NCAA.

As he been playing Lhd or rhd this season?

LD but we'll see what they do when Struble is back.

They play a very rare Tuesday night game so I'm hoping to hear more on Struble's injury as last game the stream was the away teams so they didn't talk about it at all.

Reactions: Acadien86

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
he does need to get stronger but since last season when he turned 18 just a few months before the season started he hasn't been impacted much by a lack of strength due to his smarts and outstanding mobility/skating. He'll need to add strength and mass by the time he goes to the AHL, which could be next year, although with the log jam that could be in Laval, I wouldn't mind him staying for another year since Northeastern is a top program with one of the better coaches in the NCAA.

The more time moves forward, the more I am liking Harris. But he needs to focus on the areas that will make him a complete D man in the NHL now. He already has the skating and offensive skills. It's all about getting physically stronger and that remains to be seen. We have to wait.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
The more time moves forward, the more I am liking Harris. But he needs to focus on the areas that will make him a complete D man in the NHL now. He already has the skating and offensive skills. It's all about getting physically stronger and that remains to be seen. We have to wait.

I'm not sure about his offensive skills as last year he just didn't showcase them that much other then moving the puck. He just reminds me so much of Mete, another player that I never was really sold on his offensive game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->