Prospect Info: Cam Hillis

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Hopefully Allan McShane gonna come out good in that bunch of mid-round picks the Habs picked two years ago.

I have Harris as the best.

And I have Norlinder, Fairbrother, and Pitlick above the rest from 2018.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I know he will produce well, but he still has a lot of work to do to become an NHLer. I was hoping at least one of those guys would be a top 6 player in the NHL and that doesn't seem like the case right now.

Okay. I know what you mean. We'll see. But my guess, I look at Hillis and McShane as at least being good for the AHL. Fonstad is a maybe. But the way he played at the rookie tournament and the way he started his season, he may go unsigned. Way too early to say, honestly. But at least Hillis and McShane had some good looks during the rookie tournament.

Olofsson, honestly, I see NHL for him. He's no production machine. But every time I've watched him (granted not all that much), I come away liking his game. He skates well, is good on zone entries, is reliable defensively, and isn't a liability. I'm sure he's not like that every single game. But I can see him as a 4C in the NHL at some point.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Okay. I know what you mean. We'll see. But my guess, I look at Hillis and McShane as at least being good for the AHL. Fonstad is a maybe. But the way he played at the rookie tournament and the way he started his season, he may go unsigned. Way too early to say, honestly. But at least Hillis and McShane had some good looks during the rookie tournament.

Olofsson, honestly, I see NHL for him. He's no production machine. But every time I've watched him (granted not all that much), I come away liking his game. He skates well, is good on zone entries, is reliable defensively, and isn't a liability. I'm sure he's not like that every single game. But I can see him as a 4C in the NHL at some point.
I guess it was just due to my predraft expectations. I really liked all these guys and assumed at least one of them would be a good NHLer.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Hillis has on him tho. He's not a quitter. So control what you can only control. The rest is in the hands of god.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I guess it was just due to my predraft expectations. I really liked all these guys and assumed at least one of them would be a good NHLer.
For what it's worth, I really think McShane could be something special at the next level if he can somehow get his skating in order . His hands and his shot are both above average. Hillis I still like but he really needs to show some production at some point soon or he won't even get an ELC.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
What happened to this guy ? Looks like bust.

saw him play last week when he got his 1st of the season, his team looked just terrible. They were facing a goalie that had a gaa over 4 going into the game and they got smoked 7-1 by the Soo. The announcers were talking about Hillis and they said the talk is that he's putting too much pressure on himself to try to do everything since they can't score at all and are one of the worst teams in the entire CHL. They need to do this kid a solid and trade him asap.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Hillis with a massive 5 points game last night. 3 goals 2 assists. Had he not been injured last year, Guelph would have just demolished everyone in their path. He's a really good prospect imo. Looked good in training camp too. He's a guy I could absolutely see making the Habs 3 or 4 years from now

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

wrote him off too. definitely premature. hope he keeps it up.

love that our 2nd tier guys are doing well now. don't know what our contract situation is but we have so many guys who are at least somewhat deserving. imagine MB will have to be skimpy with them. crap ton of picks next year too. good. keep the cupboards bursting.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
1 goal and 3 assists last night for Hillis. I feel like we're sleeping on this guy a bit. He's a really good prospect
We're not sleeping on him, he was injured almost all of last year and he had a slow start. He's a good one, hopefully he shows some more growth throughout the year.

Reactions: Redux91

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
1 goal and 3 assists last night for Hillis. I feel like we're sleeping on this guy a bit. He's a really good prospect

He may be starting to hit his stride. It can takes some time when coming back from injury.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He may be starting to hit his stride. It can takes some time when coming back from injury.

during the game I saw where he scored his first goal of the season, the play by play guys were saying that the talk around the team was that the coaching staff felt he was putting too much pressure on himself as the captain and they were struggling so badly to get goals to start the season.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Little disappointed that none of Oloffson, Hillis, Fonstad or McShane are looking that great.

Nice that Hillis is emerging from that pack.

I originally had Norlinder, Fairbrother and Pitlick ahead of all of those 2018 picks. But Hillis is making his case.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I expect Ylonen Hillis Houde and maybe Fairbrother to join Laval next year, Olofsson and Norlinder should stay in Sweden for at least another year, will be interesting to see what they do with Romanov and Caufield... McShane and Fonstad will probably get the same treatment both Walford and Tyszka got... McShane hasnt improved his speed much while Fonstad is a softie...

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
I've always liked Hillis and I hoped he could bounce back. Hopefully he keeps it up. Better yet he should be traded to a contender and actually play through a deep playoff run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad