Prospect Info: Cam Hillis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Damn. Kid just can't catch a break. I figured he could be a potential steal at the draft but this is definitely worrisome.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He was worth taking a shot at in the draft but at this stage, he has a lot of other prospects above him in our depth charts.

His draft +1 has not been good. He needs to break out next year or he don't get a contract

NHL

Sep 1, 2014
Horrible news, can u see him take NHL checks one day or its really concerning?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Wait? What! How the hell did that happen? I didn't even think he was playing yet. Was he not fully healed from the initial break?

People always kind of "rush" collarbone injuries

The doc will say its healed, but the WAY the bone is placed your body, and the way "hits" from any sport to the shoulder area will ALWAYS impact the collarbone, both even, it just constantly bends, and if youve broken it already, coming back after the "standard bone healing" time of 8 weeks (instead of taking off months like a normal person) leaves it dangerously vulnerable

i get why an athlete would want to come back asap and "not feeling any pain tho", but when it comes to collarbones, ffs give it more time

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
People always kind of "rush" collarbone injuries

The doc will say its healed, but the WAY the bone is placed your body, and the way "hits" from any sport to the shoulder area will ALWAYS impact the collarbone, both even, it just constantly bends, and if youve broken it already, coming back after the "standard bone healing" time of 8 weeks (instead of taking off months like a normal person) leaves it dangerously vulnerable

i get why an athlete would want to come back asap and "not feeling any pain tho", but when it comes to collarbones, ffs give it more time
Motogp riders break their collarbones all the time and come back quicker then that. They’re a ball of hurt after the race is over, though.

———

Jorge Lorenzo said his ride to fifth place at Assen just two days after breaking his collarbone was more satisfying than any of his MotoGP wins.

The reigning champion came from 12th on the grid to achieve the remarkable result despite undergoing surgery in Barcelona to fix the injury in the early hours of Friday morning, having crashed at 150mph in practice for the Dutch TT.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Motogp riders break their collarbones all the time and come back quicker then that. They’re a ball of hurt after the race is over, though.

———

Jorge Lorenzo said his ride to fifth place at Assen just two days after breaking his collarbone was more satisfying than any of his MotoGP wins.

The reigning champion came from 12th on the grid to achieve the remarkable result despite undergoing surgery in Barcelona to fix the injury in the early hours of Friday morning, having crashed at 150mph in practice for the Dutch TT.

Yeah, but that's because pro motor bike racers are arguably insane by many reasonable measures. The Moto GP boys need to test the testicular circumference on the Isle of Man. Feel free to tilt your head from side to side as you watch the video :)

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
Yeah, but that's because pro motor bike racers are arguably insane by many reasonable measures. The Moto GP boys need to test the testicular circumference on the Isle of Man. Feel free to tilt your head from side to side as you watch the video :)

The Isle of Man isn’t a Motogp race. I’m surprised they allow the race to go on, it’s probably the most dangerous sporting event in the civilized world.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was high on Hillis pre-draft but not so much anymore. I don't even consider him a grade B at this stage. Small and lacks strength. Hope he proves me wrong but I have McShane, Harris, Fonstad, and Stapley ahead of him on the depth chart now.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I was high on Hillis pre-draft but not so much anymore. I don't even consider him a grade B at this stage. Small and lacks strength. Hope he proves me wrong but I have McShane, Harris, Fonstad, and Stapley ahead of him on the depth chart now.
You could even add Gorniak to the list....

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I still beleive in Hillis. He showed a lot of skill, IQ and tenacity in my viewings. I can see him passing guys like Fonstad, Gorniak and Stapley in the near future on our prospect depth chart.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I still beleive in Hillis. He showed a lot of skill, IQ and tenacity in my viewings. I can see him passing guys like Fonstad, Gorniak and Stapley in the near future on our prospect depth chart.

He was more impressive then Fonstad, Gorniak for sure this year and Stapley is only 1 month younger then Poehling. Gorniak was very disappointing this year but next year Wisconsin should be a much better team as they are really young but look to be adding a lot of skill. Stapley needs to add mass, strength and improve his overall game.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Almost all of his advanced stats this year were really good.. he was plagued by injuries and bad conversion rates by his line-mates.

We will see what we get next year, but if anyone actually watched his games this year and didn't just stat watch, they would see he is still a very good prospect and there's no f***ing way in hell he's behind Jack Gorniak lmao

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Hopefully that collarbone heals properly and Hillis comes back healthy and has a fantastic season. I'm sure it's been tough on him, hopefully he channels that disappointment into playing exceptional hockey.

People will make a big mistake if they push him too far down their prospect rankings. He had a weird season but he's still one of our best prospects.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Shows you what they think of him despite the injuries and 'production'

He's still a great prospect. Don't sleep on him.

I agree. It's a shame because he was off to a slow start last season. But right before his first injury (I believe it was in January?), he started to heat up.

It was the same case in his draft year, he didn't start the year well. But he had something like 40+ pts in his final 40ish games. Or something along those lines.

Reactions: WeThreeKings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->