Prospect Info: Cam Hillis

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
I'm so hyped about him. Had him higher than most (#45) on my list, but can't wait to see what he does next year. Exciting to have Fonstad, McShane and him who could all legitimately lead their team in points and be in the league leaders in assists.

Add Kotkaniemi, Ylonen, Olofsson playing in men's league overseas and 2018-2019 is gonna be a heck of a lot more fun to watch our prospects!

Reactions: Redux91

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Definitely the guy I'm most excited for after the Finns, might not have superstar upside or anything but I'm struggling to see many flaws besides size. Funny enough he sounds like Max Domi to me.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He's better than Wise.

Wise was on the radar for a long time and his progression has slowed to a grinding halt. Hillis on the other hand was a true rookie this year in the OHL. He wants the puck. He wants to make plays. He's skilled and when you really watch him, his vision and playmaking is some of the best in this class. Love, love, love this pick.

I will most definately believe you. I had both guys on my list, just had Wise ahead of him but not by a wide margin. Hopefully his skating lessons work out.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Compared to Point and co though

Well, he’ll be working with Underhill. He also just turned 18, so he’s not like an overager. Assume she remains with the Storm through his junior career, that is at least 2 years with her.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Definitely a great gamble, if he can grow, add strength and improve his skating he can definitely be a major steal. I like his chances.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I looked at some of his highlights and really liked what I saw. It feels that Hillis knows that he's not the tallest, nor the heaviest, guys out there and play according to his capacities. He has a low centre of gravity, which makes him look actually bulky compared to his size. Great passing abilities too.

To me he seems like a guy who could really grow his own games in the coming years.

Price4Prez

Nov 20, 2007
Am i the only one who thinks this kid will be the biggest surprise of this draft?

His game looks like it can translate well to the big show.

Just needs to get his skating up to par,and he'll be set.

Plenty of time to improve his frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->