Prospect Info: Jacob Olofsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Seems like a pretty bad list.

We voted him 8th best prospect + possibly Drouin, Domi, Scherbak, Lekhonen and Hudon. (De la Rose too)

That makes him 13th. Which tells me that 8 prospects that we voted after him are now in front of him...

They also gave the voting results. 2 persons voted him at 33 and 35. What the f...

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I tend to overrate prospects and I am not scout by any means, but I really like the way this guys plays. Some players have a certain style of handling the puck and I just really like his. I think we might really have something special here, but I might be totally off too!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
I tend to overrate prospects and I am not scout by any means, but I really like the way this guys plays. Some players have a certain style of handling the puck and I just really like his. I think we might really have something special here, but I might be totally off too!

The same can be said about a ton of prospects across the league. Judging an 18 yr-old that isn't a generational talent is a roll of the dice, at some point.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I read that this kid put up better numbers than Filip Forsberg in the same league in his draft year, is this correct?
Intriguing prospect

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Anyone know if he'll be at our camp (Habs camp)?

I think theres a strong chance, and management really liked what they saw as well , me too! he was stand out for SURE in the dev camp, he was everything i wanted galchenyuk to be.. minus the rocket shot...that never seemed to hit the net..

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I think theres a strong chance, and management really liked what they saw as well , me too! he was stand out for SURE in the dev camp, he was everything i wanted galchenyuk to be.. minus the rocket shot...that never seemed to hit the net..
Was DLR there in 2013? I can't recall

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I wasn't too thrilled from what I saw at the U20 camp this year. He made some nice passes and actually did fairly well defensively against Hughes on a few occasions but kind of just drifted around. One of his coaches raved about him though a few weeks ago. Still really intriguing pick. That game kind of took the wind out of my sails but of course I know it was only one stupid exhibition game.

Reactions: dralaf

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Dl2EDPaWwAAcuBK.jpg

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Nice to see Olofsson centering the first line. Should also be interesting to see how he does compared to Hallander as they were drafted so close to each other.

Just noticed Collberg in the lineup...Can't help but feel disappointment every time I see his name.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Nice to see Olofsson centering the first line. Should also be interesting to see how he does compared to Hallander as they were drafted so close to each other.

Just noticed Collberg in the lineup...Can't help but feel disappointment every time I see his name.

24 yrs old and on the 4th line on a swedish team no less, dodged a bullet there

Hope oloffson has a great year

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I really thought Collberg's speed/shot would turn him into a solid 2nd line winger, much like Kristo. Timmins missed bad on both, although with Kristo had he worked harder I think he would have made it to the NHL.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I really thought Collberg's speed/shot would turn him into a solid 2nd line winger, much like Kristo. Timmins missed bad on both, although with Kristo had he worked harder I think he would have made it to the NHL.

I think these two are the reasons, I'm not more hyped on Ylonen (even though he's one of my favourite prospects of ours). He reminds me of Kristo. I do think he's a better prospect than those 2 though.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009

Still, these are the type of player to take a chance on. I think about 10 of 30 2nd rounders make it to be regular NHLers, but of those 10 only 3 will be top 6 F/ top 4D. A bout 10%. So you will have many misses as it is . But picking skill gives you a shot at a top player, as opposed to maybe a better chance of a bottom 6 guy if you choose the all around but low ceiling player.

Reactions: CDN24

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I think these two are the reasons, I'm not more hyped on Ylonen (even though he's one of my favourite prospects of ours). He reminds me of Kristo. I do think he's a better prospect than those 2 though.

time will tell but Kristo it was known he had off-ice issues since he was suspended and was doing some dumb things. So who knows if Ylonen has these issues or not. Hopefully the Habs did their homework better on him then Kristo.

Still, these are the type of player to take a chance on. I think about 10 of 30 2nd rounders make it to be regular NHLers, but of those 10 only 3 will be top 6 F/ top 4D. A bout 10%. So you will have many misses as it is . But picking skill gives you a shot at a top player, as opposed to maybe a better chance of a bottom 6 guy if you choose the all around but low ceiling player.

Hopefully they learned their lesson from '06 and '13, picking for need vs upside. It's what I fear they did with the Romanov pick but guess we'll see how that one works out.

Reactions: LaP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad