Prospect Info: Jacob Olofsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
other than both being Swedes, they are nothing alike. You wouldnt want a free second rounder? lol really?

have many games you seen of him, I watched both DLR and Olofsson play in the SHL, and they are a lot a like. Big bodies, good skating, speed, just that DLR was better defensively and Olofsson better offensively.

A free 2nd rounder is nice but isn't not an amazing trade until it does something for us.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
have many games you seen of him, I watched both DLR and Olofsson play in the SHL, and they are a lot a like. Big bodies, good skating, speed, just that DLR was better defensively and Olofsson better offensively.

A free 2nd rounder is nice but isn't not an amazing trade until it does something for us.
Olofsson is way more offensive (see DLR had 0 offense in him) and isnt lazy. He plays hard unlike DLR. Olofsson already has 4 points in the SHL. Berrgren or even Bokk have just 2 and 3.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
A whole and entire point more than those guys huh?
Wow.
My point.

You.

Damn nice reading comprehension. My point was hes producing more than some of, what people have been yapping about for a while, the most offensive talents of the draft. Hes doing better than our early second rounder in a tougher league with the team he carried to the SHL (during the playoffs), from tier 2 league.
No offense? Plz

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Olofsson is way more offensive (see DLR had 0 offense in him) and isnt lazy. He plays hard unlike DLR. Olofsson already has 4 points in the SHL. Berrgren or even Bokk have just 2 and 3.

So you haven't seen him in the SHL then I take it. Olofsson does have more offense as i said, way more depends on definition at the same age as Olofsson had a higher ppg by .17 in the same league. DLR did have some offense and he's not lazy (no clue where you got that one). Olofsson doesn't play as hard, DLR is more physical at the same age at least in the few games i've seen of them in the SHL.

We'll see what kind of season Olofsson ends up with, he'll out produce DLR for sure, but by how much. DLR's game has always been about his defensive play and it was questioned how much offense can he bring. Olofsson clearly has more offensive upside but not on the same level of defense as DLR imo.

Reactions: kevsavard95

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Wow.
My point.

You.

Damn nice reading comprehension. My point was hes producing more than some of, what people have been yapping about for a while, the most offensive talents of the draft. Hes doing better than our early second rounder in a tougher league with the team he carried to the SHL (during the playoffs), from tier 2 league.
No offense? Plz
Your point was weak

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
So you haven't seen him in the SHL then I take it. Olofsson does have more offense as i said, way more depends on definition at the same age as Olofsson had a higher ppg by .17 in the same league. DLR did have some offense and he's not lazy (no clue where you got that one). Olofsson doesn't play as hard, DLR is more physical at the same age at least in the few games i've seen of them in the SHL.

We'll see what kind of season Olofsson ends up with, he'll out produce DLR for sure, but by how much. DLR's game has always been about his defensive play and it was questioned how much offense can he bring. Olofsson clearly has more offensive upside but not on the same level of defense as DLR imo.
so wait are u just changing ur mind? lol waste of time.

> DLR = Olofsson
>Olofsson better offensively
Pick one.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
so wait are u just changing ur mind? lol waste of time.

> DLR = Olofsson
>Olofsson better offensively
Pick one.

I clearly said Olofsson is better offensively, but they are a lot a like aside from where I clearly said DLR is the better defensive player and Olofsson the better offensive player.

You want to talk waste of time, this is always the case at HF, posters that aren't watching the games want to tell someone that is how their opinion is wrong.

So you have 2 kids that both at the same age played in the 2nd league at 17, the SHL at 18 with both teams being promoted. You have 2 centers that are big bodies for their age, both skate well with good speed. Olofsson has more offense, DLR more defense. To me they even look alike when I watch their games, just that Olofsson shows more in the offensive zone and DLR in the defensive zone.

Now if Olofsson ends up having a big year at 18 compared to DLR's ok year, then clearly he's progressed more.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched today's game, missed some of the 1st so I missed Olofsson 1st SHL goal but was able to see the replay. Other then the goal it wasn't a good game to watch as his team got smoked by the 2nd worst team in the league. It wasn't pretty but the good news is that it was mostly the 1st line of Collberg, Hallander that struggled in their own end.

Olofsson ended up with 16:14 TOI, 2 pims (I missed that too). This was his lowest TOI in the past 4 games after his previous 3 games were the 3 highest of the season.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched today's game, was a close one. Olofsson had a nice goal, 1 shot, +2, 55% on draws, 16:28 TOI. He's been getting around 16 minutes per game. Late in the 2nd the top line center got smoked with what I thought was a clean hit. He didn't return so I thought they would move Olofsson up to the top line with Collberg and Hallander but they opted to keep him where he was. His goal ended up being the game winner as HV71 was able to score with 30 seconds or so left in the game and their goalie pulled. 2-1 final.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
watched today's game, was a close one. Olofsson had a nice goal, 1 shot, +2, 55% on draws, 16:28 TOI. He's been getting around 16 minutes per game. Late in the 2nd the top line center got smoked with what I thought was a clean hit. He didn't return so I thought they would move Olofsson up to the top line with Collberg and Hallander but they opted to keep him where he was. His goal ended up being the game winner as HV71 was able to score with 30 seconds or so left in the game and their goalie pulled. 2-1 final.

I really can't gauge his upside but the kid just seems to put up points.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I really can't gauge his upside but the kid just seems to put up points.

So in 10 games he has 2 goals and 4 assists, for 6 points. DLR had 7 g and 13 pts in 49 games in D+1. For what its worth, this Jacob is putting up at double plus the rate at this early stage. Of course its the devil in the details, but just based on raw points, there it is.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
So in 10 games he has 2 goals and 4 assists, for 6 points. DLR had 7 g and 13 pts in 49 games in D+1. For what its worth, this Jacob is putting up at double plus the rate at this early stage. Of course its the devil in the details, but just based on raw points, there it is.
DLR, Collberg, etc... So many of these skilled Swedish players but just can't score. Hope Olofson can buck the trend.

Reactions: yianik

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched Olofsson today, not the best game for him as it was a bit of a blowout as his team was down 5-2 until late in the 3rd. Olofsson had 14:41 TOI, his 3rd lowest of the season, no pts, 1 hit but he was good on draws at 64%. With a minute plus left in the game he was checked from behind into the boards. He seemed fine, didn't see him on the ice again but he was on the bench. They scored on the boarding penalty to make it 5-3 to end the game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How was he at the world Juniors?

Nothing to write home about. He wasn't terrible. He was the only prospect that went pointless. But we know sometimes it's not always about points. So going beyond that, he still wasn't a stand out.

The one play that I recall he had a hand in a goal was in OT against USA, when he tapped the puck away from the US players stick at his blue line and that sent his teammates on a 2-on-1 to score the GWG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad