Prospect Info: 2018 #5 OA - Barrett Hayton - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hatin' on Hayton?

• Total voters

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Apparently he wasn't ready last week? Makes zero sense. He wasn't ready by the end of camp, but watching two more games from the stands made him NHL-ready? It's dumb, no matter how you slice it.
They handed a guy a roster spot even though they didn't think he was ready after camp. Or he was ready, but not actually a better option than Schmaltz who looks like ass or Fischer and Garland and co who are hardly inspiring at the moment?
Maybe he had a small nagging injury or something like that?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Can y'all have some margaritas and chill out? It's been two games.
Isn't that what we said last year?:) We have a tough schedule for the first six games, but we have to win at least two of those, three would even be better.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I'll chill out when we win a game. All it'll take is one.

Just tired of this franchise having horrible Octobers.

The slow start thing is a little scary. We have had both avenues. In Tocchet's first game, we scored what, 5 goals? But lost. And kept losing in the first 20 games. Last year, we looked decent, but couldn't score until the 3rd game in. Now, we have a completely different outlook: score the first game, play even better defensively than last year, and still start slow.

If we miss the playoffs due to poor starts, Tocchet will be on an incredibly short leash at the start of next season.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
So one win in October and you will chill out?

If we only win one game in October, I will NOT chill the f--- out and will in fact erupt like a whiny bitch volcano.

What I'm saying is I'll be a lot less stressed and less quick to Chicken Little things once we finally get around to winning a goddamn hockey game.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
The slow start thing is a little scary. We have had both avenues. In Tocchet's first game, we scored what, 5 goals? But lost. And kept losing in the first 20 games. Last year, we looked decent, but couldn't score until the 3rd game in. Now, we have a completely different outlook: score the first game, play even better defensively than last year, and still start slow.

If we miss the playoffs due to poor starts, Tocchet will be on an incredibly short leash at the start of next season.

If we miss the playoffs I'm not entirely sure Tocchet will be around to have any leash haha. I'm wondering how much leash he has for THIS season, personally.

Dr VinnyBoombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Tocchet has got a little security net in the form of Phil Kessel who came here specifically because Tocchet is the coach. If Tocchet gets canned that would certainly put a cloud of judgement on Kessel wanting to stay.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I just started typing what I thought should happen to certain people if we miss the playoffs again. Then I realized there's no reason to be in that headspace.

Big win coming tonight. And if not, then the win streak will just start a little later.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I'm really conflicted here this morning. I want the Coyote's to win and be successful BUT this place would be epic with a few more losses??? LOL

Reactions: Jakey53

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'm really conflicted here this morning. I want the Coyote's to win and be successful BUT this place would be epic with a few more losses??? LOL

Well, we all know what happens to the fans' sanity when a franchise becomes a poster child for futility (cough1967cough)... ;)

Reactions: Kaizen

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
uh yeah.
cbj fan here saying he is the real deal.
sure it was just one game, but in this one game I have saw so much potential.
congrats AZ fans.

Reactions: _Del_

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->