Prospect Info: [2018 - 38th] Alexander Romanov (KHL - CSKA Moscow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotcarle

Jul 10, 2009
vd, qc, ca
just like all the picks they made in the past 10 years? they also made them for a reason? yes the wrong ones.
Simply not true. Only 67 of 70 picks. They also drafted Gallagher, and drafted but traded away Sergashev and galchenyuk.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Don't get this pick at all, nobody had him ranked anywhere near this high in the draft. Wonder what they think they see in him that others didn't.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
4 goals in 4 games is impressive

hopefully he is another Andrei Markov

maybe he will turn as konstantin korneyev though

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Timmins also seems to love him, said the whole draft table was excited after the pick. I'm super intrigued about this, also mentioned that as soon as the LD was selected before their pick, they had to make sure they picked Romanov. The LD that was picked before was Jett Woo, seems like the Habs wanted to draft him as well.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
Amazing how this prospect has 3 pages already and none of the other ones picked today haven't had a 2nd page yet.

Why? The more controversial something is the more people will post about it. And there's no question it was a controversial pick.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Can you get a picture of her looking at the couple in front? With the "crazy eyes"?

I wouldn't know how to do it. I don't have that level of skill. Maybe someone else might.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'll repost what Timmins said about him in a post-draft scrum.

Romanov was invited at their Stockholm combine. Timmins describes him as an "Emelin with a ton of energy". Says he plays the game like a pro. Plays fast, moves the puck quickly. He's a left shot D that they didn't want to miss and didn't think they could wait til their next pick.

They noticed Romanov in Nova Scotia, where he played on the smaller ice surface in a junior A challenge. This is where Romanov stepped his game up, with less time and space. There he showed he could make quick decisions with the puck. Plays physical, does it all.

I couldn't hear one of the questions in the scrum about Romanov but the way Timmins answered it appeared that the question was about how the ranking services had him rated much lower than where the Habs selected him. Timmins defended the decision saying how those services are like a 32nd team, inferring that they do their thing but that he has the staff and they do their homework and basically, what they decide is particular to them and not what the ranking sources come up with.

He was recalling that one LHD was selected just before the Habs's pick and their mind was made up -- they liked the player too much to wait on him.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I mean, an 18-year-old player speaking to media is a lot different than a GM. But I still agree.
I don't think that different. Let's say Romanov ends up being a key player in the NHL, he will be interviewed ALL the time. I get what your are saying though, but usually he best person available speaks English anyways.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
this kid will turn out to be the steal of the draft....of course many here went crazy as they have not seen him play, i could not say i saw him much, but the game i did , he stood out big big time

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad