Prospect Info: [2018 - 38th] Alexander Romanov (KHL - CSKA Moscow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
When I find funny, is just how sure some are about "their opinion of someone they never saw play a game in their life"

Markov, #162.

Maybe he will flop, who knows. You all wanted them to go for the home run, THERE YOU GO. Going for homeruns=high risk.

G Man 77

Jan 18, 2003
Visit site
Plenty of kids picked later end being better NHLers than those who were ranked higher.. and we all know this. Yet every draft, people go mental on draft day.. when we don't have a clue whether we've just done very well, or very badly.

Yes from a "pick value" perspective you prefer to have highly ranked guys fall to you, this year DET had one of those drafts. The Habs draft this year is not that, but with their top picks they obviously guys they really liked.. and they address the 2 areas they really needed to shore up.

I'm happy for now.. and look forward to following these kids progress next year, hoping they have the same success as last year's draft class.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
From what I've read on most prospects we've drafted we seem to have gone for high upside picks. I don't understand the criticism, they've gone for high skill players. What's not to like? Also, if they drafted him this high they must've had some inside information as to where he was going to go.

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Will Bustmanov play at the WJC this year?

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Am I the only one happy with the pick?

No! He looks kid who delivers my newspaper. I shit you not! That little bastard never fails and I live in WNY too! Blizzards, ice storms, lightening storms, 98 degrees, and the occasional tornado seem to be child's play for him.

We had a freak blizzard/ice storm last year that hit in the afternoon. My wife called me a coward for not spreading salt when it hit. In my defense there were 60 MPH gusts, freezing rain, and lightening. f*** that!

As we dug out the next day I found the frozen newspaper he had delivered during the storm. I tip the hell out of him!

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
From what I've read on most prospects we've drafted we seem to have gone for high upside picks. I don't understand the criticism, they've gone for high skill players. What's not to like? Also, if they drafted him this high they must've had some inside information as to where he was going to go.
It's guaranteed they met with him during their european combine and fell in love.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
People complaining about asset management picking him in the second instead of the third or fourth act like our GM actually practices asset management.

Plenty of later round picks end up being better than higher ranked players at draft

maybe this kind of pick might be the reason why some later pick become better! lol

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
2cr7lz.jpg

Can you get a picture of her looking at the couple in front? With the "crazy eyes"?

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
No! He looks kid who delivers my newspaper. I **** you not! That little bastard never fails and I live in WNY too! Blizzards, ice storms, lightening storms, 98 degrees, and the occasional tornado seem to be child's play for him.

We had a freak blizzard/ice storm last year that hit in the afternoon. My wife called me a coward for not spreading salt when it hit. In my defense there were 60 MPH gusts, freezing rain, and lightening. **** that!

As we dug out the next day I found the frozen newspaper he had delivered during the storm. I tip the hell out of him!

WTF did I just read... :laugh:

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
It was a simple analogy...

Maybe I'm missing something - Are you saying because they look alike (aesthetically) that Romanov's going to be a really hard worker? Or are you saying they look similar because Romanov works really hard on the ice and so does this newspaper kid?

Reactions: Redux91

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Maybe I'm missing something - Are you saying because they look alike (aesthetically) that Romanov's going to be a really hard worker? Or are you saying they look similar because Romanov works really hard on the ice and so does this newspaper kid?

Yes LOL Use the construct phenotype next time.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Romanov reminds one of the young Andrei Markov, offensive PMD that jumps into the play, quarterback for PP, interesting pick LHD just like Andrei.:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Reactions: Redux91

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Reading over the prospect board to see what Russian posters have been saying about him before the draft...lots of negativity about his speed and defensive positioning, which is the main reason he was projected to go lower. Not great.

On the other hand, it seems his size has not been much of a concern and he plays physical hockey.

Will be interesting to see what their plan is for him.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I'll be rewatching some tapes of him this week.

This pick seemed crazy to me because I watched his MHL team for Iskhakov and probably most of his international games. My favorite D was by far Zhuravlyov (who the Avs got), but I guess scouts were afraid of his inconsistency and the fact that... well he's soft and that doesn't fly in the NHL.

Romanov though, wasn't ever much of a standout. Fehervary and Ragnarsson weren't players I followed this year, so to me, there wasn't much in the ways of D left... so maybe it's a good pick, but my first impression was that this guy was a big reach.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I wasnt happy with that pick before but like for Harris, after evaluating all the LD picked, I think that was a great decision. I was all-in to go with Tychonick with our 35 or 38th and finally other teams passed on him for another LD. Romanov is my favorite picked until Tychonick so im ok with the pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->