Prospect Info: [2018 - 38th] Alexander Romanov (KHL - CSKA Moscow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched the game today, bad news all around. First he was dropped to the 7th D, he played only 8:42, he did have a nice rush up ice and a shot. He also got credited with a hit but i didn't see it. I don't like the white with red letter jerseys they are harder to see the numbers.

Late in the 3rd he got injured and had to be helped off the ice. he tried to block a shot, it looked like he stumbled a bit and then got into position and it looked like he took a shot off his right knee. he didn't move so they had to blow the play dead and his teammate had to pick him up and help him off the ice as he couldn't put any weight on his right leg. Hopefully it won't be too bad but would be surprised if he plays Sunday.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
watched the game today, bad news all around. First he was dropped to the 7th D, he played only 8:42, he did have a nice rush up ice and a shot. He also got credited with a hit but i didn't see it. I don't like the white with red letter jerseys they are harder to see the numbers.

Late in the 3rd he got injured and had to be helped off the ice. he tried to block a shot, it looked like he stumbled a bit and then got into position and it looked like he took a shot off his right knee. he didn't move so they had to blow the play dead and his teammate had to pick him up and help him off the ice as he couldn't put any weight on his right leg. Hopefully it won't be too bad but would be surprised if he plays Sunday.

Thanks for the update Montreal. The injury is more of an issue than the ice time, but you're right, that is bad news all around.

neil2005

May 2, 2012
He's on the Russian roster for the Canada Russia series.

DqR6v33XQAAgMwT.jpg:large

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
If he made the Subway Series Team, does that mean his injury isn't serious? Anyone has any update on this? Thanks!

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Do we have a list. Is it that easy to be a KHL rookie of the week?

A guy who ends up being a rookie of the week while being scratched for 1 game....it says a lot about how easy it is to win. To me it means absolutely nothing. Being a regular at his age, that means a lot. And that's enough.

You have to give credit where credit is due....taking a guy out of nowhere and seeing him make the KHl in his D+1 do say that chances are they saw something nobody else did. Remains to be seen about his progression....but let just say that in all the out of left field picks Timmins made since he joined the Habs, and he made a lot of those, Romanov is the guy that looks like he can finally pan out.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
How soon do you see Romanov playing on the Habs?

He's got another year at CSKA. At this moment, I think him playing there next year is a good thing. After that, bring him to North America. Whether he earns a spot in Montreal is one thing, but he may need some time in Laval first. So for me, if things go accordingly, I would think in about 3-4 years. He'll be 21-22 years old.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He's got another year at CSKA. At this moment, I think him playing there next year is a good thing. After that, bring him to North America. Whether he earns a spot in Montreal is one thing, but he may need some time in Laval first. So for me, if things go accordingly, I would think in about 3-4 years. He'll be 21-22 years old.
For sure a longterm project. Intriguing pick

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Californiadreamin

Nov 12, 2018
I was given the chance to watch Romanov in sarnia for the canada russia series this past november 8th.

Romanov has a good attitude. Although he doesnt see lots of ice time, he absolutely relishs any opportunity he is given. Absolutely tries his best. He (romanov) has lots of patient skill about him and is a really gifted skater, with that being said I believe he struggles with position but he will get it. He thinks the game really well and that will help to mature his weak areas.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I was given the chance to watch Romanov in sarnia for the canada russia series this past november 8th.

Romanov has a good attitude. Although he doesnt see lots of ice time, he absolutely relishs any opportunity he is given. Absolutely tries his best. He (romanov) has lots of patient skill about him and is a really gifted skater, with that being said I believe he struggles with position but he will get it. He thinks the game really well and that will help to mature his weak areas.

I've watched a few of his KHL games and he really doesn't look out of place.

Also on one of the WHL/Russia games, the commentators were talking about how much Romanov loves the game. He was the first on the ice at practice and was the last to come off. And they also noted that he never stopped skating the entire practice.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I've watched a few of his KHL games and he really doesn't look out of place.

Also on one of the WHL/Russia games, the commentators were talking about how much Romanov loves the game. He was the first on the ice at practice and was the last to come off. And they also noted that he never stopped skating the entire practice.

Thats actually a thing. So many plays dont move their feet during games and that invariably results in bad stuff happening and a bad sign on the player. So if thats how he is, really good.

Reactions: Californiadreamin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->