Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Really talented...but not a lot of vids showing how he can play in tight situations and when it's physical. He is pretty much playing non-touched hockey out there.

yeah that's what i'm worried about. He reminds me of Kristo. Looks more impressive though imo. We never have luck with these guys but yeah looks pretty skilled. Most skilled winger/forward since Scherbak by the looks of it.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Berggren would of been realy nice, but we are way too stacked on the LW even tho he can play RW, RH winger is realy something we're missing, a RH center who could pan out in Hillis would also be amazing.

Reactions: Redux91

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Looking forward to see how he measures up at the next U20 worlds. Assuming he makes the team? In the U18 worlds, he had 9pts in 7 games with 4 goals. He is going to be 19 in October.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
he should be on the WJC team, he's going to be at their summer camp and in liiga next year so unless he has a bad camp/start to year he will be there.

We have a potential of 8 players in the U20 worlds. Poehling, Ikonen, Kotkaniemi, Ylonen, Romanov, Olofsson, and Brook. I guess Primeau has a shot as well? Don't think I am missing anybody am I?

Don't imagine all 8 are there but we should have a few for sure. All 8 would be impressive!

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
We have a potential of 8 players in the U20 worlds. Poehling, Ikonen, Kotkaniemi, Ylonen, Romanov, Olofsson, and Brook. I guess Primeau has a shot as well? Don't think I am missing anybody am I?

Don't imagine all 8 are there but we should have a few for sure. All 8 would be impressive!

Primeau is likely the starting goalie as of now, unless he has a bad camp/season.

Not sure about Romanov, don't think he's been at any of the camps or tournaments for the U-20 yet.

Ikonen will only be there if he's back in time from injury, he's not expected back till early December.

Reactions: Redux91

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Primeau is likely the starting goalie as of now, unless he has a bad camp/season.

Not sure about Romanov, don't think he's been at any of the camps or tournaments for the U-20 yet.

Ikonen will only be there if he's back in time from injury, he's not expected back till early December.

What about Brook? Outside chance at making it?

Mdamico

Dec 29, 2006
What about Brook? Outside chance at making it?
Brook has a chance of making it, but Bouchard and Dobson are also RD, so we'll see what Team Canada does.

Primeau Will make it 100%. Clearly outperformed Oettinger, who played form the US last year.

But back to the topic, Ylonen and Kotkaniemi (along with Bergren) were the stars at the U-18s for the Gold Medal Finland. For sure will be there in December.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Brook has a chance of making it, but Bouchard and Dobson are also RD, so we'll see what Team Canada does.

Primeau Will make it 100%. Clearly outperformed Oettinger, who played form the US last year.

But back to the topic, Ylonen and Kotkaniemi (along with Bergren) were the stars at the U-18s for the Gold Medal Finland. For sure will be there in December.

Wow... so we do have a shot at 5-8 players making that tournament. That's good news!

Brook would be one year older vs Bouchard and Dobson. 19 year old usually make it more than 18 year olds but I guess it depends on how good Bouchard and Dobson look. Brook had a solid year after his injury but he is hurt again? Thought I noticed this in the development thread?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
From what I saw today Ylonen should compete for top spot in Habs prospects… His skills are off the chart, we Don't have an offensive gifted prospect like him in the system.

it makes sense he'd shine at these camps. Like montreal said in a post a while ago, we always seemed to get burned with these types but he does look like one of the most impressive ones in awhile. He looks WAY better than Collberg ever did. Kind of Kristo like but more impressive to my eyes anyways. His skating looks good enough to overcome whatever size and strength issues he might have. I feel like I've heard mixed things about his IQ. Hopefully that's not a weakness. Definitely most skilled forward since the Scherbak pick.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
You guys gotta keep in mind some of those highlights are sped up lol

I'm not sure if you're making a joke or something, but just in case - none of the highlights in my video are sped up. They're all recorded from live play. Replays are slowed down sometimes, that's about it.

I originally created that YT channel because I was tired of the highlight videos with music dubbed over it or someone thought a lens flare every 10 seconds would look super sick. Some people just wanna watch highlights.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Just to be clear on the finland U-18 thing, because it was confusing to me at first as well, but Ylonen was NOT on the gold medal U-18 team amazingly enough lol, he and Kotkaniemi(16) won Silver last year, and then i guess Ylonen was a bit too old for this years team, but Kotkaniemi and Kakko won Gold at THIS years U-18
Which is probably why people are wondering if Ylonen will make this years U-20 since he wasnt on last years team, but through the confusion of it all i really have to think Ylonen is a lock for this years team, but wont be able to play in next years event because of an oddly placed birthday, tho that oddly placed birthday could be the reason he is a habs prospect at all and wasnt selected higher, one can only hope

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'm not sure if you're making a joke or something, but just in case - none of the highlights in my video are sped up. They're all recorded from live play. Replays are slowed down sometimes, that's about it.

I originally created that YT channel because I was tired of the highlight videos with music dubbed over it or someone thought a lens flare every 10 seconds would look super sick. Some people just wanna watch highlights.

It's an amazing resource. If I may, the most valuable contributions you make are, IMO, prospects in more ''out of the way'' leagues. For instance, Mestis, Jr. A, Swiss NLB, USHS that sort of thing. There are major streaming services and illicit streams available for most of the major leagues, but for those ones you could represent the only views people get of these prospects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad