Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I was pushing for us to draft him and thought he was going to be great for us. But he was never really the same after that stick swing. **** Stafford, he started it.

That's what got lost in the whole thing.. if he doesn't start it with his stick, then Perezhogin doesn't retaliate and while Perezhogin should have never swung his stick like that, I don't he knew Stafford was down in the position he was until it was too late.

Reactions: montreal

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
That's what got lost in the whole thing.. if he doesn't start it with his stick, then Perezhogin doesn't retaliate and while Perezhogin should have never swung his stick like that, I don't he knew Stafford was down in the position he was until it was too late.

No, no way he knew stafford fell, Zhogie was swinging for the guys leg, its really too bad it turned out that way

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
watched another Ylonen game, his speed is just impressive, can really hit that top gear in a few quick strides.

I wont lie im excited as hell for this kid, all the talk at dev camp and training camp will be kotka, and thats granted, and i actually think he will do fine! but somehow i get this feeling everyones gonna be like "wait who the HELL is his winger??hes amazing!"

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
What really makes this a fantastic pick is you could see in his eyes when asked if he was happy to have been picked by the team that picked his compatriot earlier, he was thrilled, and its important

theyll probably be attached to the hip at the dev camp and training camp, and thats good, dont let them go thru this alone its gonne be good to go through everything they are about to go thru that is the whirlwind that is montreal together, and it definitely helps to have lehkonen around should they have questions or need advice on something

Of course it sucks to miss out on bergrren by that much but i think it was brilliant to take a chance and pair these Fins, this kid is electrifying , ALL he needs is a bit of muscle and strength and then watch out

I do think this makes a difference, as much as the Habs under Bergevin have been open to giving Euros a chance, I feel like we often alienated our European prospects and had them fend for themselves especially on Lefebvre's joke of an AHL team. Having two of our best prospects in one class both from Finland is good for both of them I think.

Reactions: Redux91

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He tore up the U18 the year previous. Had he been in international tournaments this season, or the FEL, he would have been a surefire 1st rounder. He didn’t drop in the draft like Collberg so I’m not concerned.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Finished watching all 4 games, he scored a wicked goal from in tight and on a insane angle but also had a few defensive breakdowns although not surprising since he was the youngest player on the team not counting a few that played a small handful of games. Should be very interesting to see how he does next year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Really talented...but not a lot of vids showing how he can play in tight situations and when it's physical. He is pretty much playing non-touched hockey out there.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
This guy has a quick release and a heck of a one timer wow. Have you seen his shootout goals? His stickhandling is off the charts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->