Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Really disappointing production so far... has he looked any better than last year?

we'll see as he started slow with just 3 pts in the first 7 games but since has 7 pts in the last 9 games. If he can keep that pace up then that should be a solid season for sure. He looks about the same to me but i've only seen him in Champions league games this season.

He's tied for 2nd on the team in goals, he's 5th in points.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
we'll see as he started slow with just 3 pts in the first 7 games but since has 7 pts in the last 9 games. If he can keep that pace up then that should be a solid season for sure. He looks about the same to me but i've only seen him in Champions league games this season.

5th in points is big yikes. He should be number one on his team or 2nd at worst.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
it's key that KK and Poehling become good offensive players. KK will be a beast at 25. I can see it in his attitude.

Domi and Suzuki will play big.

Drouin and Caufield will be our two small non-physical forwards in the top 6.
I'm ok with:

Poehling/Domi Domi/Poehling Caufield
Drouin Kotkaniemi Suzuki
you dont like Ylonen?

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
ICYMI

Jesse Ylönen, Lahti Pelicans, Liiga, Finland

Last week we highlighted the problems that the Pelicans faced off the ice, and this week it took another turn as Coach Ville Nieminen was fired after an atrocious start to the season. Assistant coach Jesse Welling was named the caretaker for the duration. The team is currently 13th out of 15 teams in Liiga, and it is not looking good to even reach the wild-cards series to get into the playoffs.

European Prospect Report: Jesse Ylönen maintains focus through Pelicans’ turmoil

Anything more recent?

(article is from early December)

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Ylonen is just not a dynamic player. A really meh prospect with meh stats. I prefer Ikonen if only his injuries could stop....but that's probably not going to happen either.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
I'm can't pretend I have any scouting abilities, but I was never really impressed with him when I watched him play. I guess we'll have a better idea with time, but I'm not expecting much from him.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario

Ylemon gonna be Andrei Kostitsyn with a brain. Total chad

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Ylonen is just not a dynamic player. A really meh prospect with meh stats. I prefer Ikonen if only his injuries could stop....but that's probably not going to happen either.
I disagree. He can be quite dynamic and he has skills for days, but hes playing like a grinder. I don't know why, he flashed a lot, and I mean, a lot of skills in his D year, but ever since, hes been a completely disappointing player. He plays like hes coached by Sly.

Ive expressed concern on his IQ.

Reactions: kevsavard95

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
Looks like a long term project. I wouldn't throw the towel on him this early.

His team is trash and seems to be going through some sort of a turmoil.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
maybe him and Kieran Ruscheinski can sell used cars when they don't make Laval and call it a career.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Remember that Armia was only a fourth liner because thats what his stats were saying... :naughty:

Remember those expert Habs fans that keep throwing players like Armia, Lehkonen, and Danault under the bus? When they going to learn that they are just touching their prime.

Ylonen is a decent prospect. Middle 6 winger potential and I can see him being an above average bottom 6 talent for us when the majority of our kids mature and our roster is more complete. Not the same player as Lehkonen but similar asset value if you ask me.

Reactions: kevsavard95

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
If all of you expert could tell me where to find a link to stream his game it would be nice. Oh that's right, there is none. I love statwatching..

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Remember those expert Habs fans that keep throwing players like Armia, Lehkonen, and Danault under the bus? When they going to learn that they are just touching their prime.

Ylonen is a decent prospect. Middle 6 winger potential and I can see him being an above average bottom 6 talent for us when the majority of our kids mature and our roster is more complete. Not the same player as Lehkonen but similar asset value if you ask me.
Danault has one point in his last 10 games withour Gallagher, this might be the worst tine to ever make this post.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016

Tough to say at this point since no one can watch his games, his stats sure are disappointing this year, I was expecting more, but until I watch him again, I wont comment anymore on his potential...

I absolutely loved his game at the WJC last year and thought his game would translate pretty well to the N.A. style of play, now if only the Habs can sign him this summer and bring him over, he would be one of our most exciting players to watch in Laval and I bet he will benefit from playing with better players... I feel he is wasting his time this year on a lousy team...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tough to say at this point since no one can watch his games, his stats sure are disappointing this year, I was expecting more, but until I watch him again, I wont comment anymore on his potential...

I absolutely loved his game at the WJC last year and thought his game would translate pretty well to the N.A. style of play, now if only the Habs can sign him this summer and bring him over, he would be one of our most exciting players to watch in Laval and I bet he will benefit from playing with better players... I feel he is wasting his time this year on a lousy team...

He's a grade B, not a B+ or a B-. I think he is a decent prospect to keep in the system to fill a hole down the road in our bottom 6. Top 6 talent? Possible but he needs to take steps forward sooner rather than later if that happens.

Hard to predict cause the team he plays on is not stacked. This makes is difficult to get a real feel for his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad