Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Ylonen is lowkey turning into a legit top prospect in our system and I couldn't be happier. Fast, good wrister, good all around toolbox, not a manlet. What's not to like ?

I had him in the top of the 2nd tier but if he can breakout this year and move into the top tier then that's great for us. Can't wait to see him next week at the Champions league since sadly those games are about the only shot I'll have in getting to see him play, damn Finland why did you have to change your steaming service! :mad::shakehead

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Ylonen is lowkey turning into a legit top prospect in our system and I couldn't be happier. Fast, good wrister, good all around toolbox, not a manlet. What's not to like ?

He's on the verge. Hoping for a huge year where he could sneak into that top 6/top tier of our prospects possibly. Promising preseason. Great tools. Lets hope he can put it together. Man this is gonna be one of the funnest seasons prospect wise we've had that I can remember.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Personally, I think Ylonen will be a better fit with Poehling since both are north south type of players that play at a very high tempo, ton of speed and rhytm in their game while KK and Caufield are more east-west and more creative players...

Suzuki KK Caufield

Domi Poehling Ylonen

:thumbu:

I don't understand how suzuki on his off wing is an option, especially since he,s such a good playmaker to set up Caufield. It would be a waste ti have him set up on his back hand, even if it would make him a bigger shooting threat on his off side.

I love Domi - KK - Caufiield as an option, because KK is sound defensively and will eventually bring some size to his line and because a double threat to set-up Caufilqed is much better, especially if both dome and Kk can also shoot to keep opposing Ds on their heels.

I prefer Suzuki at C between a re-signed Tatar and Gallagher as skilled veterans to help him along as he acclimatizes to the NHL.

I also absolutely love the idea of drouin with a big Poehling at C to help him get more open ice. Ylonen with speed on the RW, or a trade for more size and skill at RW.

That would mean, early on, and more feasible with so many ELC players, a 4th line of Lehkonen - Danault - Ylonen...

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

How quickly can he get here? Any chance we see him for a few games this season?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He'll be in the liiga this year playing top 6 minutes . Next year is when he should be in NA and then it's anybody's guest, he could be in montreal pretty early in 2020-2021.

It’s fun to see his progress and how close he’s knocking at the door.

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Is it fair to expect 35-40 pts from Ylonen this year? I’m really high on this guy and I think our prospects depth allow him to go under the radar

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Or a guillotine !

judo-c10.png

Judo Chop!!!

ZiggyP

Feb 8, 2019
He is our best prospect... I have them ranked as follow right now:

1-Prime
2-Caufield
3-Poehllng
4-Ylonen
5-Brook
6-Suzuki
7-Romanov
8-Fleury
Jesse Ylonen is not our #4 Prospect.... Jesse Ylonen is hardly a top 8 prospect for this team. Nothing against his game, but we have 7-10 other guys who are as good or better. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully he pans out, but the way I see it he is one of those guys that would be a 'bonus' if he ever ended up becoming super consistent/effective Hab

Reactions: Tyson

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Jesse Ylonen is not our #4 Prospect.... Jesse Ylonen is hardly a top 8 prospect for this team. Nothing against his game, but we have 7-10 other guys who are as good or better. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully he pans out, but the way I see it he is one of those guys that would be a 'bonus' if he ever ended up becoming super consistent/effective Hab
Just wait and see... ;)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
How many years away would you say he is from both NA and the NHL?
2 more years in Finland and 1 in AHL? or will he only be in FIN for 1 more year and then 1-2 years in Laval?
He is going to play in Laval next year and impress alot of people next camp... I think he is closer to the NHL than Suzuki while being younger...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad