Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
domi, drouin, Lehks, Mete, Juulsen, Primeau, Brook, Romanov, Caufield, Suzuki, Poehling, Kotkaniemi.

Thats 12 players. So essentially it comes down to Fleury vs Ylonen. SO not much underrating

apologies im really high, i read it as top 25 habs prospects :laugh:

edit: but yea as you can tell im a really big Ylonen fan, i think he's gonna be a great winger for KK. Lehkonen - KK - Ylonen has potential.

I've always loved how Ylonen has that super smooth (yet fast) McDavid-esque skating/puck-handling.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aspirine

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
apologies im really high, i read it as top 25 habs prospects :laugh:

edit: but yea as you can tell im a really big Ylonen fan, i think he's gonna be a great winger for KK. Lehkonen - KK - Ylonen has potential.

I've always loved how Ylonen has that super smooth (yet fast) McDavid-esque skating/puck-handling.
I dont see much potential in that line combination. Its more of the same. KK playing with subpar linemates. If you want an explosive and offensively gifted line you gotta give KK the best wingers. At this point, its easily Caufield/Suzuki/Drouin.
I would try Drouin - KK - Caufield

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I dont see much potential in that line combination. Its more of the same. KK playing with subpar linemates. If you want an explosive and offensively gifted line you gotta give KK the best wingers. At this point, its easily Caufield/Suzuki/Drouin.

KK has been playing with Ylonen for an insanely long time. Also, I wouldn't feel comfortable having Drouin and Caufield on the same line tbh. Domi is a better fit for Caufield.

Reactions: Acadien86

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
KK has been playing with Ylonen for an insanely long time. Also, I wouldn't feel comfortable having Drouin and Caufield on the same line tbh. Domi is a better fit for Caufield.
KK has way more vision than Domi. Its not even close imo. I feel Drouin would complement those two really well. His job would be strengths. Skate the puck in, make some moves, and give them the puck and let them do their magic. He can also set up Caufield from time to time.
But if not Drouin, players like Suzuki can potentially step up.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
KK has way more vision than Domi. Its not even close imo. I feel Drouin would complement those two really well. His job would be strengths. Skate the puck in, make some moves, and give them the puck and let them do their magic. He can also set up Caufield from time to time.
But if not Drouin, players like Suzuki can potentially step up.

Too much defensive duties for KK, that would be Caufield's 1st year in the NHL. Drouin's d-game is trash. It's better to bring Ylonen in with his countrymates (especially KK cus he's played a lot w/ him) and have a solid defensive presence on the LW. Lehkonen has the work ethic too (on and off the ice), he's a good role model for them.

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Too much defensive duties for KK, that would be Caufield's 1st year in the NHL. Drouin's d-game is trash.
I was speaking all in due time. Ideally when both KK and Caufield hit their primes. I mean why else mention Ylonen as a potential winger?
KK is already a beast defensively. He will be able to handle it. Caufield hustles so his D wont be bad. Drouin is ur typical top 6 winger who isnt good defensively. Every team has a winger like that. But who cares. His talent level is off the charts.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I was speaking all in due time. Ideally when both KK and Caufield hit their primes. I mean why else mention Ylonen as a potential winger?
KK is already a beast defensively. He will be able to handle it. Caufield hustles so his D wont be bad. Drouin is ur typical top 6 winger who isnt good defensively. Every team has a winger like that. But who cares. His talent level is off the charts.

Advanced stats tell you how he does relative to his O-Zone starts (i assume this is why you mentioned him being a beast defensively). KK has a lot of defensive potential but going from 62% O-Zone starts to a much lower % is physically very demanding for a young player (especially as a C), that's what you don't see in advanced stats.

There's a reason why the coaching staff gave him easier minutes this year, Julien also sheltered him from tough matchups so the increase in quality of competition is gonna be another physical challenge. It's not easy being a young centerman in the NHL, he'll need defensive support.

Not supporting young players properly is exactly how you hurt their development by the way. I expect Ylonen to be in the NHL in 2 years so KK is still gonna be extremely young.

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Advanced stats tell you how he does relative to his O-Zone starts (i assume this is why you mentioned him being a beast defensively). KK has a lot of defensive potential but going from 62% O-Zone starts to a much lower % is physically very demanding for a young player (especially as a C), that's what you don't see in advanced stats.

There's a reason why the coaching staff gave him easier minutes this year, Julien also sheltered him from tough matchups so the increase in quality of competition is gonna be another physical challenge. It's not easy being a young centerman in the NHL, he'll need defensive support.

Not supporting young players properly is exactly how you hurt their development by the way. I expect Ylonen to be in the NHL in 2 years so KK is still gonna be extremely young.
Again this is all speaking when they are ready for the role...

I was relying on the eye test. Who cares about those stats lol

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Again this is all speaking when they are ready for the role...

I was relying on the eye test. Who cares about those stats lol

Well you can't say that Kotkaniemi is already a defensive beast when he hasn't even been tested yet, it's illogical. nowhere near it. That's why i assumed your statement was based on analytics (which he excels in).

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Zone starts are the most misunderstood and abused advanced statistic in existence. For one, the formula is just stupid and it seems to have been purposefully designed to mislead as many people as possible. There would be a lot fewer people making such arguments if the formula were (offensive zone starts)/(all starts)*100%, because then the true difference would be shown to be extremely small. For example, using the stupid formula that the world uses he has a 66.5% OZS at even strength. Zermg. Using my, an intellectual's, formula it would be 14.15%. Comparing to Phillip Danault, the tough minutes maestro, it would be 10.64% vs. 39.54%. Danault takes a couple extra shifts against good players every game. That's it.

Quality of team mate is a far larger factor for Jesperi.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York

Ylonen shouldn't be compared to Lekhonen. He(Ylonen) might fit very well with KK. What KK will really need is a LW, at this point the RW prospects are pretty decent.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Ylonen shouldn't be compared to Lekhonen. He(Ylonen) might fit very well with KK. What KK will really need is a LW, at this point the RW prospects are pretty decent.
Ylonen is good no doubt but he isnt on the same level as Caufield, our best young RW.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Personally, I think Ylonen will be a better fit with Poehling since both are north south type of players that play at a very high tempo, ton of speed and rhytm in their game while KK and Caufield are more east-west and more creative players...

Suzuki KK Caufield

Domi Poehling Ylonen

:thumbu:

Reactions: Legend123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad