Prospect Info: [2018 - 35th] Jesse Ylönen (Liiga - Pelicans) On loan to Laval

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Exciting for sure. Never a bad sign when your prospect is hot from the get go (take note Kotkaniemi!)

We’ve had so many home run swings at wing in the second round that have flamed out, would be nice if Yolo hit for sure.

Yeah this one feels good. He's really skilled and can flat out skate. We just rarely seem to pick the ones that have both lol.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
oh wow. didn't realize Zykov was still relevant. He really picked it up of late it looks like.

It's just weird how all of us we're screaming for Zykov and of course we have to pass on him twice.

A lot of times the 'average joe' fan is right. Still early obviously but Zykov's stats are pretty impressive last year. Real upside. It seems like we turned a corner drafting wise in that department though.

We are not average joes.
We do about 60 % of the work a scout does, but we have the benefit of receiving information globally outside of the echo chamber of a team.
Some of us are more talented at scouting than many of the scouts employed by NHL team. That's just not the shitty career we want for ourselves or family.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
We are not average joes.
We do about 60 % of the work a scout does, but we have the benefit of receiving information globally outside of the echo chamber of a team.
Some of us are more talented at scouting than many of the scouts employed by NHL team. That's just not the ****ty career we want for ourselves or family.

This is actually no joke. There are a number of posters with really top notch insight into prospects and other things. As a collective, this board is pretty sharp.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
We are not average joes.
Some of us are more talented at scouting than many of the scouts employed by NHL team. That's just not the ****ty career we want for ourselves or family.
lol

Reactions: Riggins

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
We are not average joes.

hence the quotation marks around 'average joes'.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
We are not average joes.
I try to thank you guys/gals every time for your efforts on my behalf as a simple fan. THANK YOU!!! I mean it! All I can do is offer my opinion and occasionally make an ass of myself. LMAO! Thanks again!

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Ylonen only got points in 1 game. Pointless in 4 games. Ikonen 2.0? I hope not! We really need to finally have a stud prospect from the second round after 5 these past 2 years. Brook looks great tho!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ylonen only got points in 1 game. Pointless in 4 games. Ikonen 2.0? I hope not! We really need to finally have a stud prospect from the second round after 5 these past 2 years. Brook looks great tho!

If all 5 of our second rounders fail but Kotkaniemi is a 1st line center and Poehling is a 2nd line center I'll be happy. If on top of that we get another Mete or Gallagher in a later round, I'll be ecstatic. Quality over quantity.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If all 5 of our second rounders fail but Kotkaniemi is a 1st line center and Poehling is a 2nd line center I'll be happy. If on top of that we get another Mete or Gallagher in a later round, I'll be ecstatic. Quality over quantity.
True but at one point we need one of our 5, and soon to be 7, 2nd rounders to become that elite player. It's too early to tell right now so I'll reserve judgment. But after being hyped for Ikonen and end up extremely disappointed, altho he can still bounce back, makes me paranoid that the same will happen to Ylonen, my third favorite habs prospect.

Reactions: 26Mats

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Jumping pro at 18 yrs old is never easy, thats a huge step to do, patience is required here for both Ylonen and Ikonen...

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
True but at one point we need one of our 5, and soon to be 7, 2nd rounders to become that elite player. It's too early to tell right now so I'll reserve judgment. But after being hyped for Ikonen and end up extremely disappointed, altho he can still bounce back, makes me paranoid that the same will happen to Ylonen, my third favorite habs prospect.

I hear you. I just see a lot poster's focusing on one draft or one round. The draft is imprecise. The majority of prospects by every single scout in the history of scouting have busted and will continue to bust.

The percentage of 2nd rounders that become elite has to be less than 10%, probably more like less than 5%.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yeah I know. For comparison's sake kupari has 2 assists in 4 games. Ylonen has 2G in 5 games

Ylonen's moved up a league though. He was in Mestis last year and is only in his first year of Liiga. He's going to need some adjustment time.

Kupari was always the more highly rated prospect and he's in his second year of Liiga.

Ylonen always was 3 years away from N.A. It's way too early to make any kind of statement about his game.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->