Prospect Info: 2018-2019 WJC Thread

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I haven't seen the whole game but I haven't seen Smith make one mistake.

Really coming on with the confidence offensively in this third.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I haven't seen the whole game but I haven't seen Smith make one mistake.

Really coming on with the confidence offensively in this third.
He's made a few minor ones, but no big deal as they were all when he was not under pressure. He's pretty much been in the correct positions all game as well.

Brook and Bouchard have both made a ton of errors back there, they are both lucky this is Denmark.

Reactions: HBK27 and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Smith likes that give and go move. He did that in the series against the touring Russian team. Smith has good hands and good awareness. He can skate fast with effort. He turns and changes speed fairly easily. He will have to skate with more intensity against the better teams. For an 18 year old in a 19 year old tournament he has looked composed.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
This second Danish goalie is somehow even worse than the last one.
Almost let another one in because he was a mile out of the net, but was bailed out by his defenseman.

Edit: ...and 14-0. Has this goalie made a save yet?

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Ouch, just tuned in, hate to see scores like this.
Hate to be the goalies in this.
Denmark's goalie, or goalies, have let in 14 which is tough on any goalie and shatters any confidence you may have had...
The one thing many fail to realize is it's not fun for the Canadian goalie either just standing there in the pads with nothing to do. Even the shutout doesnt feel good since he didnt do anything.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
This is what happens when these tournaments have those stupid tiebreaker rules, Canada's right to continue to run up the score even though it's embarrassing for everyone really.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Smith has looked solid, probably looks the best out of all the Canada dmen tonight IMO since he hasn't made any mistakes that I could recall. That pass on that Comtois goal was a thing of beauty.

He's a lot smooth at the point on the PP than Butcher is IMO.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Smith is very calm and shifty in traffic. He routinely was able to escape from tight situations by quickly changing direction, skating into space, and making an outlet pass.

Reactions: HBK27

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->