Prospect Info: 2018-2019 WJC Thread

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Score was 3 to 3 and should be an OT classic.

Sadly the refs screwed USA out of a goal and it's 3-2 Finland.

And maybe the US isn't even here if the refs don't screw Russia. You have to overcome those things and the US had every opportunity to. They blew way, way too many glorious chances.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
f*** YEAH! Aarne captaining a team to the finals and gold?? Talk about a major confidence booster, couldnt have gone better for the kid. Hopefully this confidence takes him to another level

Reactions: HBK27

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
or the US broke the IIHF rules and it was disallowed

Except they didnt. Neither announcer had any idea why it wasnt a good goal, and they watch IIHF hockey. I have no idea either.

Neither did anyone in the WJC thread, just random speculation (goalie interference, whistle blew, crease violation, etc...).

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
lmaaaooo the girl holding the tray trying to get that guy's attention to take the player's prize

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Except they didnt. Neither announcer had any idea why it wasnt a good goal, and they watch IIHF hockey. I have no idea either.

Neither did anyone in the WJC thread, just random speculation (goalie interference, whistle blew, crease violation, etc...).
It was a crease violation, they did say that IIRC.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
And maybe the US isn't even here if the refs don't screw Russia.

Now, in this case, that actually is an IIHF rule, and I wish it was an NHL rule too - it's not soccer. You shouldnt be able to angle a puck into the net with your skate.

Back in the day that wasn't a good goal in the NHL either, until Bettman started his campaign to do anything possible for "more scoring" plays.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Nice cheer for J. Hughes, though I think they were thinking it was Q. Hughes.

It's really amazing that both Canada and Sweden are walking away without medals. The world hockey scene may finally be shifting. I still think Canada had the best team in the tourney and just fell asleep at the wheel, but in the past they could get away with that. Not anymore.

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Nice cheer for J. Hughes, though I think they were thinking it was Q. Hughes.

It's really amazing that both Canada and Sweden are walking away without medals. The world hockey scene may finally be shifting. I still think Canada had the best team in the tourney and just fell asleep at the wheel, but in the past they could get away with that. Not anymore.
Its a big reason I think the World Cup of Hockey can work if done properly - like the World Cup of Soccer.

Hockey is a top 5-6 sport worldwide in total fans

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Talvitie definitely outplayed a lot of guys at this torunament with much more pedigree than he has.

Reactions: My3Sons

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He's been good.

IMO, the US did a very good job limiting the number of high danger scoring opportunities other teams had. He made the easy saves, but he didn't do anything spectacular IMO. He definitely got outplayed in this game. The US had a ton of really great chances and had an exceptionally tough time converting. If you switch goalies in this game, IMO, the game would have been pretty one-sided.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad