GDT: 2018-2019 Training Camp Thread

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I haven't seen a full lineup for the game tomorrow, but I was real interested...

In his most recent article, Ansar Khan mentioned Veleno will be centering Rasmussen and Abdelkader in the first preseason game. Zadina and Vanek will be held out with minor injuries

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I was curious about how Frans Nielsen's training camp is going.
He is one of my favorite players, hoping he has a strong season.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
How good has Zadina been in the pre-season? I assume he'll make the starting line up? Would you say he would be on the 1st or the 2nd PP?

Meh. I doubt hell make the starting line up unless he's amazing in his next couple of games. If he did make the team I'd guess he'd start in the 2nd pp based on the looks we saw today.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
How has Rasmussen looked so far?

I really liked Rasmussen so far. Svetchnikov, Hicketts and Cholowski also with strong camps and I hope they'll be given a well deserved rosterspot. Hronek, Veleno and Zadina looked far off. Doesn't make them bad picks...just not gonna happen to start the season.

Reactions: Oddbob

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
As Red Wings' blueline battle rages on, Filip Hronek trying...

Hronek trying to get comfortable

Asked to elaborate on not feeling “great,” Hronek said, “I don’t know, I don’t feel comfortable yet, so, it’s still the start of the season.”
“I need to get good timing and gap,” he said. “It’s taken a little bit, I think. … I don’t feel comfortable, you know? If you don’t have a gap, everything (is) harder than (usual). It’s harder to make some good plays or some easy breakout passes.”

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
As Red Wings' blueline battle rages on, Filip Hronek trying...

Hronek trying to get comfortable

Asked to elaborate on not feeling “great,” Hronek said, “I don’t know, I don’t feel comfortable yet, so, it’s still the start of the season.”
“I need to get good timing and gap,” he said. “It’s taken a little bit, I think. … I don’t feel comfortable, you know? If you don’t have a gap, everything (is) harder than (usual). It’s harder to make some good plays or some easy breakout passes.”

Easy to see...huge talent but he needs some additional seasoning. Cholowski and Hicketts are much better at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->