Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Karlsson for one. Everyone thought we were going all in. Ottawa, who thought we wanted the players and would overpay for what they gave Colorado. Just a quick few.

Tampa apparently did go all-in with an offer but Melnyk vetoed it since he didn't want Karlsson in the division, because he's an idiot. The offer was reportedly better than San Jose's.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Callahan?

...Please be Mark Stone.

Although I think now the guy I'd love to have more than anybody is Kreider. I just don't think any of it is realistic.

Kreider would be cool. Here's a dumb proposal.

Kreider + Shattenkirk (retained) for Callahan + Palat + Foote + Girardi + 1st round pick guarantee

Immediate upgrade at wing for two runs, rid ourselves of a long-term commitment. Clear more than enough cap for next year and the year after. Get the RD we've coveted (for who knows why) at a discounted cap hit and reasonable term. Losing Foote hurts but we'd have to pay a premium for what we're getting.

Palat would never waive so it's a wasted thought. But that's what this time of year is all about.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Callahan?

...Please be Mark Stone.

Although I think now the guy I'd love to have more than anybody is Kreider. I just don't think any of it is realistic.

Player A

15-16 177 hits, 21 G, 35 ES points, 43 points
16-17 132 H, 28 G, 40 ES, 53 P
17-18 103 H, 16 G, 23 ES, 37 P
18-19 123 H, 24 G, 32 ES, 43 P

Player B

15-16 174 H, 22 G, 39 ES, 43 P
16-17 101 H, 22 G, 45 ES, 56 P
17-18 124 H, 23 G, 40 ES, 58 P
18-19 80 H, 9 G, 19 ES, 32 P

Player A totals 535 hits, 89 G, 130 ES points, 176 points
Player B totals 479 hits, 76 G, 143 ES points, 189 points

We have player B do we really need player A too?

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Kreider would be cool. Here's a dumb proposal.

Kreider + Shattenkirk (retained) for Callahan + Palat + Foote + Girardi + 1st round pick guarantee

Immediate upgrade at wing for two runs, rid ourselves of a long-term commitment. Clear more than enough cap for next year and the year after. Get the RD we've coveted (for who knows why) at a discounted cap hit and reasonable term. Losing Foote hurts but we'd have to pay a premium for what we're getting.

Palat would never waive so it's a wasted thought. But that's what this time of year is all about.

I would make it, but I don't think the Rangers will.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Games like last night makes me believe we wont do anything at the deadline. Then we will have a game where we fail to score 2 or 3 goals and Ill flip that script quickly. Glad I dont have to make the decisions.

Reactions: VinikToWinIt

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Games like last night makes me believe we wont do anything at the deadline. Then we will have a game where we fail to score 2 or 3 goals and Ill flip that script quickly. Glad I dont have to make the decisions.
I think the bottom line for me is that if Tampa can improve, they need to, whether they're rolling over teams or not. I think there will be some serious questions if the team whiffs again this season.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
Am I the only one nervous about all of this? I mean i saw the report that were looking at Shattenkirk? Like dear god no! We got a stacked stacked team. Don't rock the boat unless it is a must. In the offseason go after Karlsson sure, try and find some wiggle room. Were on pace to shatter our team record for points, our team is firing on all cylinders. Why in the blue hell are we looking to make a big move to make a big move? Makes no freaking sense. Unless someone offers us an offer that is too good to be true. (AKA a Karlsson for Callahan, Yan and a 3rd round pick too good to be true.) We should just stay pat. Just my two cents.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I wouldn't touch the defense either. We saw it with McDonagh that it takes a while for a defenseman to adjust into a team's system. With forwards the risks are much smaller. If anything I'd go for Panarin as a rental if the price is not too much but I wouldn't riot even if we go to the playoffs with this team.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I would make it, but I don't think the Rangers will.

Is it an upgrade for two runs? In the regular season Kreider is out performing Palat but Palat has a career playoff ppg of 0.64 while Kreider is at 0.48. Even strength Kreider is 0.33 while Palat is at 0.47. So we get the worse player during the playoffs on those two runs.

Shattenkirk has 15 points this year and is a -13 while Girardi has 12 and is a +5. Shattenkirk would be our worst defender and as bad as Girardi has been I think Shattenkirk has been worse this year.

So let's talk about possible cap savings, as it stands we send out 11.1 and take back 11.28. Now you say retention but I can't see the Rangers doing 50% on Shattenkirk, if they did it would make the cap back 7.95, so we would free up 3.15. We could buyout Callahan and save 3.13 so roughly the same but also save Foote and possibly a 1st. The following year Shattenkirk is making 3.325 while a Callahan buyout is just 1.56 dead cap. We don't upgrade enough nor do we save enough cap to trade a potential 1st and Foote for.

Reactions: Hockey4Life91

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
The only move that strengthens us is an out of left field move for a RD or Panarin. And by that i mean, not Shattenkirk. Panarin is the move I would make. We have a great shot at the cup as it stands right now but Panarin adds another elite talent to the group up front and if it keeps somebody like Erne out of lineup then so be it. It's an incredible upgrade. As it stands, not many of our kids are going to come up and replace the guys on the roster within the next few years that matter. The savings will come from the blue line mainly after this season.

Go for it. Reassess after the season and hope it paid off by winning the cup.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
The only move that strengthens us is an out of left field move for a RD or Panarin. And by that i mean, not Shattenkirk. Panarin is the move I would make. We have a great shot at the cup as it stands right now but Panarin adds another elite talent to the group up front and if it keeps somebody like Erne out of lineup then so be it. It's an incredible upgrade. As it stands, not many of our kids are going to come up and replace the guys on the roster within the next few years that matter. The savings will come from the blue line mainly after this season.

Gonna ruffle some feathers there my man.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Tampa apparently did go all-in with an offer but Melnyk vetoed it since he didn't want Karlsson in the division, because he's an idiot. The offer was reportedly better than San Jose's.
Let me say one thing: probably you're right. And for this reason, I think that until he resign with the Sharks, Tampa has an opportunity to acquire him.
More time EK will spend without signing for SJ, the more chances TB will have to sign him.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
After last year Ottawa can go straight to hell. Seriously.... f*** em. Even if it means someone else getting Stone. Knowing Melynk he will make sure to get a last minute veto on that too. We had the best offer for EK and I doubt it's gonna be any different here.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
And a big HELL NO to Shattenkirk. I'll take swinging and missing on EK over actually getting Shattenkirk. Stay with the NYR Bubba. You wanted it so go be there
I agree with you. I don't want to make a trade like the one posted before: I don't want to lose a very interesting prospect (Foote) because we've to acquire Shattenkirk, also maybe for a short amount of time.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Another reason is to take a top player off the market and off anothe contender. Do I care if some team gets Simmonds or Shattenkirk? Not really. Nashville or Winnipeg adding Panarin or Stone yeah that's something to worry about. Yes we lose assets but we're getting value by preventing teams from getting better too.

Reactions: Stammertime91

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Never got the allure with Kreider, all the tools in the world but pretty inconsistent, and another 4m in salary. We've got enough fringe 20 goal guys for that price or more, i'm sure as **** not giving up a first and Foote.
I agree. If we are making a move, it needs to be a legit upgrade. I only see that coming from a RHD. Most of the forwards wouldn't get IMO. We have guys that play heavy. It's a fake need.

Reactions: Zeus Bojangles

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Never got the allure with Kreider, all the tools in the world but pretty inconsistent, and another 4m in salary. We've got enough fringe 20 goal guys for that price or more, i'm sure as **** not giving up a first and Foote.

It's the style of play. I like the idea of a guy who goes that hard to the net along side guys who regularly handcuff goalies with their release.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He doesn't do that with any kind of consistency though.

Does anybody though? I think Kreider still does it more often than anybody we have, and most players in the league, aside from maybe Paquette, but that's not who Paquette is.

I don't think we can cough up the return it would take to land him, mind you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->