Speculation: 2018-2019 Trade Deadline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
If Panarin is available right now, does anybody think we could go for him?
I don't think BB and the Bolts will try to acquire him.
Imho, we'll do not so much before the deadline...maybe one trade to acquire Ferland or Simmonds...maybe...MAYBE...
But it's possible that we'll do nothing special.
I've read, also, that Panarin is included is a big trade, with Bobrovsky...

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I love Glendening. He'd be a nice add.

For me personally, if we're not adding grit (Simmonds, Ferland, McQuaid) then I only want home run swings like Stone or Panarin.

Either go all in or don't go at all.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sounds like things will heat up for Stone and Duchean across the league. Mane Stone would be awesome.

Stone is the guy I'd want more than anyone. But, given the kind of bidding war that could start, not to mention Melnyk/Atlantic, it seems more than unlikely.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
He's a defensive powerhouse shutting down opposing top players (we had to experience that ourselves) plus he's super good at faceoffs. While we're not trash at faceoffs anymore this season, last season a big problem was winning faceoffs in the playoffs. It resulted in a lot more time in our own zone and we've seen even this season that once we get crushed in our zone, clearing and exiting the zone is not our forte. Glendening would improve that in both defensive play and in the faceoff circle.

Consider him an early Paquette replacement who will ask for a raise after the season anyway and could cost us around $2M then.

I think they'd just keep Paquette

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah, hard not to think about Cally with this. But I think we'd rather call them up in the off-season. Next year is the year they'll truly tank, minus Stone and Duchene, and might even need help getting to the floor. Not sure Cally will waive, mind you. Maybe if we tell him the alternative is a buyout, which, if he gets another contract at league minimum, loses him money I think.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Yeah, hard not to think about Cally with this. But I think we'd rather call them up in the off-season. Next year is the year they'll truly tank, minus Stone and Duchene, and might even need help getting to the floor. Not sure Cally will waive, mind you. Maybe if we tell him the alternative is a buyout, which, if he gets another contract at league minimum, loses him money I think.
I'd think that with a year left, a buyout is maybe just a better move if it takes added assets to move him. Cap hits of 2.6 and 1.56 in the next two years. 1.56m in 2020-21 shouldn't be much cap.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Panarin, Stattenkirk, Simmonds, Ferland, Ceci. Apparently we're trying to get all of em

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Things are going so well right now in so many areas with franchise records being broken left and right, outstanding team chemistry with players buying into fricking rotations. I'd hate things to be thrown off by adding another piece just for the sake of doing 'something'. We are already have a better Stamkos than last season, Cernak as a solid RHD addition, Joseph and Cirelli being dominant pieces. And anything other than a pure rental will affect our ability to resign crucial players under the cap.

I may be one of the few with this opinion, but I'd rather see no moves at the TDL. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Things are going so well right now in so many areas with franchise records being broken left and right, outstanding team chemistry with players buying into fricking rotations. I'd hate things to be thrown off by adding another piece just for the sake of doing 'something'. We are already have a better Stamkos than last season, Cernak as a solid RHD addition, Joseph and Cirelli being dominant pieces. And anything other than a pure rental will affect our ability to resign crucial players under the cap.

I may be one of the few with this opinion, but I'd rather see no moves at the TDL. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

But, but, but, what if we could trade Girardi and 3 draft picks for Eric Karlsson?:sarcasm::naughty:

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Why are there so many rumors about Tampa these days? Miss when it was a complete ghost town til it already happened.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I read that as, “we need every money”
7F097E46FF10D7B16768CD2CECEB86357E743942

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Still standing by Ferland and TMFVR or bust. I love Ferland's game especially for the playoffs. Our bastion of light and all things holy, TMFVR is icing on the cake.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Our organizational depth really makes it hard to find the sense in dealing for complimentary players. Very hard. I think something that isn't factored into these play deals is the locker room fracture they cause. Marginal upgrades at the cost of team identity just aren't worth it.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Saw that you guys (the team not sure about the fans) were interested in Shattenkirk. I was wondering if you guys would consider Barrie at 50% retained (2.75mil for 1.25 more years)? And if so, what would you give up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad