Prospect Info: 2018-2019 Senators prospect watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yeah I spent a bit of time in Truro as a Teenager, great spot.
A buddy of mine bought a 100 acre hobby farm down there near Pictou, they sold everything they had & moved his whole family down there to live on the farm away from the big city. He works odd jobs & she's a nurse & they are loving it down there. He made a 3 hole golf course in the middle of his apple orchard on his property that can be played 3 different ways. Beautiful area, beautiful scenery although I have not seen it or been down there in winter. Love the East coast.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
The Silver Seven Ottawa Senators Prospect Update from October 30th, 2018.

Norris,
Tambellini and Novak are the standouts: Ottawa Senators Prospect Update - October 30th, 2018

Norris playing so well is really encouraging. He has a lot of raw ability, having size and high end athleticism. He plays fast, has a good shot and can pass. If he has the toolbox to go along with his tools, he could be a real player. I will watch him closely at the world juniors.

Last edited:
Reactions: RAFI BOMB

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The Silver Seven Ottawa Senators Prospect Update from October 30th, 2018.

Norris,
Tambellini and Novak are the standouts: Ottawa Senators Prospect Update - October 30th, 2018

Norris playing so well is really encouraging. He has a lot of raw ability, having size and high end athleticism. He plays fast, has a good shot and can pass. If he has the toolbox to go along with his tools, he could be a real player. I will watch him closely at the world juniors.
Three guys that I like, that's unusual. :thumbu:

Acidrain66

Jun 13, 2018
Big guys with skill, who are doing well & are Ottawa Senator prospects. Tell me who you like so I have the chance to tear apart your opinion.
Lajoie, Chabot, Brady, ..I'm a fan of hockey I.Q...but the players you mentioned for example Tamblini doesnt have the skill to remain in the big league, so yea and ready to be RIP apart

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Lajoie, Chabot, Brady, ..I'm a fan of hockey I.Q...but the players you mentioned for example Tamblini doesnt have the skill to remain in the big league, so yea and ready to be RIP apart

All players with size but who need to add more muscle.

And yes the Sens line-up need muscle desperately, they're struggling because they're getting physically dominated. Everything is fine until the opponent plays aggressive hockey and then they have no answer. That's why a player like Tkachuk with size (and eventually muscle), speed and skill is invaluable.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

And yes the Sens line-up need muscle desperately, they're struggling because they're getting physically dominated. Everything is fine until the opponent plays aggressive hockey and then they have no answer. That's why a player like Tkachuk with size (and eventually muscle), speed and skill is invaluable.
physically dominated I don't know.. Arizona just looked more talented and fast than us. same with vegas

Reactions: Acidrain66

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011

Oh yeah. They've had no answer for physically aggressive players like Pastrnak, MacKinnon, Rantanen and Bergeron. Bunch of goons!!!:sarcasm:

Ottawa's defense has been decimated when plays are made super quickly (eg. elite players). These players make plays at a speed that our defense is either too green (Chabot, Lajoie, Jaros, Wolanin) to have seen before, or is not good enough to process/execute defensive reads quickly enough (Boro, Wideman, Harpur and to a degree Ceci).

I'm 95% confident that Lajoie and Chabot will get there. A little added muscle along the way will certainly help but it's more about skill and experience at this point. I've got some confidence in Jaros and Wolanin too. The others just can't hang with the very best players in the world. And it shows.

Reactions: Acidrain66

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Oh yeah. They've had no answer for physically aggressive players like Pastrnak, MacKinnon, Rantanen and Bergeron. Bunch of goons!!!:sarcasm:

Ottawa's defense has been decimated when plays are made super quickly (eg. elite players). These players make plays at a speed that our defense is either too green (Chabot, Lajoie, Jaros, Wolanin) to have seen before, or is not good enough to process/execute defensive reads quickly enough (Boro, Wideman, Harpur and to a degree Ceci).

I'm 95% confident that Lajoie and Chabot will get there. A little added muscle along the way will certainly help but it's more about skill and experience at this point. I've got some confidence in Jaros and Wolanin too. The others just can't hang with the very best players in the world. And it shows.

Well, it's really not what I am talking about. It's not about fighting, hitting or defending teammates, it's about being strong on the puck to not lose possession or being aggressive towards the puck carrier to retrieve possession, without taking a penalty. Watch the game tonight and look for that, how many physical battles for the puck we lose. Other teams are more hungrier for the puck while we casually look for the puck to end up on our sticks. You have to pay the price in the NHL and I don't think we do it enough. Maybe because half of the players are often injured so they might be playing scared.

That being said, agreed on defense, not enough shutdown ability among the D-squad. You have Chabot who is in his 2nd year, Lajoie who is a total rookie and Ceci who is a #4. Others are all bottom pairing D-men at best. Jaros is also a pure rookie. Harpur hasn't played a full season yet. DeMelo, Borowiecki and Wideman are the other vets, it's really not good enough.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

And experience & that only comes with time.

He's not that big but I like him anyway

Daccord and Gustavsson could be the tandem of the future.

Daccord was really good at the development camp, not sure what his future is with this team but hope for the best. :thumbu:

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I find Chabot's defensive game pretty good actually, especially for only his 2nd year. Really like Jaros's game too, reminds me of volchenkov.

Bernard-Docker should be a good one too and Tychonick as well. The future D is looking good!

Now trade Ceci, lol.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Well, it's really not what I am talking about. It's not about fighting, hitting or defending teammates, it's about being strong on the puck to not lose possession or being aggressive towards the puck carrier to retrieve possession, without taking a penalty. Watch the game tonight and look for that, how many physical battles for the puck we lose. Other teams are more hungrier for the puck while we casually look for the puck to end up on our sticks. You have to pay the price in the NHL and I don't think we do it enough. Maybe because half of the players are often injured so they might be playing scared.

That being said, agreed on defense, not enough shutdown ability among the D-squad. You have Chabot who is in his 2nd year, Lajoie who is a total rookie and Ceci who is a #4. Others are all bottom pairing D-men at best. Jaros is also a pure rookie. Harpur hasn't played a full season yet. DeMelo, Borowiecki and Wideman are the other vets, it's really not good enough.
Yep we are still one of the weakest teams along the boards,cant win back the puck to take another shot if you cant win a puck battle

Reactions: Xspyrit

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Everything improves with more possession,which is why I totally agree with you and size being important...
Agreed. It's the combination of size & strength to win puck battles, separate players from the puck, be hard to play against, intimidating but at the same time have the skill to make plays & score goals. I'm a big fan of well rounded players who are good at both ends of the ice & good at a number of things rather than great at just one thing. That's why I like Stone & Tkachuk, they are equally as good defensively as offensively, it would be great, if both Formenton & Batherson turned out to be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->